Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Bazzmand Show said:
de niro said:
the thing is eto seems an arsehole, we may have dodged a bullit, i keep thinking why would barca want rid, he's just won them the CL.

i'd chance it mind.

My personal belief is that Eto'o had agreed to come, almost everty "ITK" had stated this. However Barca were mucking us around with so called loyalty payments and such. The 48 hour deadline may have actually been given to Barca, rather that Eto'o. Barca now realised we are serious and are probably hopeful they can still deal with us. I think they realise no other clubs are going to give them a decent concrete offer for the player. However, if Eto'o is not answering calls etc, it shows a distinct lack of proffesionalism to both Barca and City. I just have this strange feeling that Eto'o will be lining up at Ewood Park next month.
naaa blackburn can't afford him.......

*grabs coat and leaves*

de niro said:
the thing is eto seems an arsehole, we may have dodged a bullit, i keep thinking why would barca want rid, he's just won them the CL.

He IS an arsehole. He had no end of spats with Rijkard, sulked whenever he was substituted, called Ronaldinho all sorts of nasty names, etc. etc. Guardiola has a different style to Rijkard: at the start of last season (2008 - 2009), it was fairly clear that Eto'o would be on his bike, but he then realised that he needed to change his attitude and he went on to apply himself much more. Mind you, with Alves, Iniesta and Xavi supplying from midfield, and with Henry and Messi alongside him up front, he knew it was going to be an amazing season and that he was going to score loads of goals.

But now he's back to his old self. He's led Barcelona (and us) a merry dance, and we've probably done the right thing by pulling out of the deal.

As you say, though, most of us would probably chance it.

southstand117 said:
Bazzmand Show said:
de niro said:

i'd chance it mind.

My personal belief is that Eto'o had agreed to come, almost everty "ITK" had stated this. However Barca were mucking us around with so called loyalty payments and such. The 48 hour deadline may have actually been given to Barca, rather that Eto'o. Barca now realised we are serious and are probably hopeful they can still deal with us. I think they realise no other clubs are going to give them a decent concrete offer for the player. However, if Eto'o is not answering calls etc, it shows a distinct lack of proffesionalism to both Barca and City. I just have this strange feeling that Eto'o will be lining up at Ewood Park next month.
naaa blackburn can't afford him.......

*grabs coat and leaves*

Boom Boom

BLUENATIC said:
I know it's NOTW but,Does anyone think he'll go the scum? Or is this journalists logic following our withdrawal of interest
They have been reporting this for about a week , cant see it happening, it even said in that Spanish article their hadnt been any real conrete interest from any other club. The rags will be targeting midfielders now,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.