Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

taggarc said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Apparently Barca were last night trying to get this deal to happen

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/12/barcelona-try-in-vain-to-reurrect-man-city-deal-for-samuel-eto-o-exclusive-115875-21513068/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -21513068/</a>

Great article for a change!

great article how? Because it's positive towards city?

I just hope that he doesnt end up at the Rags, I dont think he will either personally. Whatever happens next, clubs know now that City are not to be playued for fools and this wont occur again, because of our stance. We could have easily been bent over and just paid the extra to that Eto'o was demanding from Barca. We didnt, and that means in the future clubs wont want to piss us about again. Make no mistake Barca need our money more than we need their player.

Good for Khaldoon. Etóo is without doubt one of the best strikers in the world. His attitude is one of the worst though. He would bring disruption to our dressing room to a scale that would make Elano look like an amateur.

There is a reason the top clubs in the world have not gone for one of the best strikers in the world and its got nothing to do with money.

We offered 25mill, a top chumps league team would get him far cheaper.

There seems to be a culture of clinging onto players we have bid on, and to act scorned when they sign for another club, Kaka being a prime example. I dont see the same obsessiveness over Mido. That hurt just as much as the time.

i always thought barca would come back at us, i would take up their offer but at the same time we need to back our owners judgement, if he says no then we have to back that.
shame though.

i would buy eto just to piss the scum and anti city press off.

I have a horrible feeling he'll end up at the rags, bacon face will know he hasn't got enough up front & might very well look on Eto'o as a 'doable' transfer after missing out on Benzema.....god, i hope i'm wrong.

Yeah. The only way the deal might happen, if Barcelona play nicely.

I still believe the deal can happen.

mancity25 said:
Yeah. The only way the deal might happen, if Barcelona play nicely.

I still believe the deal can happen.

One of the top clubs in Europe looking Desperate when they could sell him for a similar figure to somebody else?

The sport.es has a new article about Samuel Eto'o situation. The bold article suggest that in Barca camp feels they can still do a deal until Tuesday, when Man City start their camp in SA. Also El Mundo Deportivo report that Laporta is extremely furious that the Man City deal cannot be done.

Sport.es said:
Crossroads Eto'o

No there are indications that the 'theme Eto'o' is unlocked. FC Barcelona player played his cards and seems to have everything very clear

In the so-called 'Eto'o case' there is only one final truth: FC Barcelona player is in all respects. He is one year contract and, in light of recent events indicate that everything Cameroonian striker is strictly fulfilled. From this point of view, nobody can deny that it is Samuel who has the upper hand and that their future will be decided by him.

Another thing is that all readings can be made of what has been happening. From a distance it seems difficult to understand that you were able to reach this situation. Has certainly failed communication. Pep Guardiola will have to give an explanation to members Barca, not to journalists, in his first media appearance after the holidays.

Barca have the right to dispense with Eto'o, but Eto'o is also in his non-move. Undoubtedly, both sides are going to get hurt in this conflict. Barca is not interested because they keep a player who has ever been proven, even without saying so publicly, that is not with him.

And it insists the player at the moment to stay at the site is not considered essential.

In the midst of all there is, or has existed, an offer from Manchester City millionaire who could make anyone happy. Because the boat was 25.5 million euros more incentives for the transfer. And the player because he was guaranteed an income of 50 million euros per season five. Barcelona sources say that this is so. The player's representative, Josep Maria Mesalles, said recently that such conditions do not exist.

The picture does not look good. Barca, watching percale, offered him a renewal Samuel. Did not take it ... or at least has not conetstado. Therefore, the azulgrana club already has the perfect excuse to say that it is striker who does not want to follow. If not renewed, will be with Guardiola Eto'o as a player over the template?

The other reality is that there were no bids for Samuel that expired on Friday. The Manchester City left, but within the FC Barcelona is believed that until Tuesday, when the City goes on tour to South Africa, there is time to perform the operation. This reality should also be analyzed by Eto'oy wonder why being the highest scorer of Barca, decisive player in two Champions League final, none of the known major European football will fight for him. Does your financial claims are excessive? Maybe if the drop would have a place in Manchester United, Chelsea or Milan?

Yesterday we received information from England where he told us that Samuel Eto'o was trying to negotiate with any club signing when his contract with FC Barcelona expires and the letter may have freedom in their possession.

In this case, the club claimed it should not pay any transfer to the boat, but it would have to pay a signing bonus to become free. Is it worth risking one years stay blank? Did play hurt? The truth is that once Eto'o made a huge effort by staff to be player of FC Barcelona and was against Real Madrid. Five years later it is not pleasant for anyone, be in this situation.

Sacchi: "The Milan is not going to tab

Arrigo Sacchi, former coach of Milan, was yesterday in Barcelona on the occasion of the Italian MSC Cruises Cup rossonero said the club has no intention to sign Samuel Eto'o: "It's very good player, but Milan does not want spent so much money and I do not think that card. Surely not. " For Sacchi, the only opportunity for the Cameroonian tip is that the whole Italian "change my mind, of politics." Although all presided over by Berlusconi joined 64 million euros from the sale of Kaka to Real Madrid, his intention is "not spending. They have money, but do not want to spend it. " He added: "I believe we are all accustomed too bad. Each club should spend what you enter in debt because you can not build anything. "

Nevertheless, Sacchi blessed that the signings so far has made Real Madrid: "They have good players who can come to equilibrium, we now need to know how the players and Pellegrini will work, how they are together". He also talked about Florentino: "If the president just because he knows will be well organized and has good ideas. I do not believe that mistake again and wants to do everything. " The former Real Madrid sporting director believes that "now is melody, not harmony. However, Barça has it all. There will be a nice fight between the two to be champions because I do not think the other teams to fight for the League. "

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.