Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Barcelona were last night fighting a losing battle in a bid to persuade Manchester City to resurrect their £25million offer for striker Samuel Eto'o.

City pulled the plug on the deal late on Friday night after refusing a request from Barca president Joan Laporte to once again extend a deadline for the transfer to be concluded.

The Catalan club, desperate to sell Eto'o to the Blues to help fund their own £35m move for Valencia's David Villa, spent yesterday trying to resume negotiations with City's hierarchy. But chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarek was adamant City were no longer interested in Eto'o.

A City insider told Sunday Mirror Sport: "The decision to end negotiations with Barca for Eto'o is not a bluff.

"Khaldoon felt negotiations had reached a dead end and it was time to draw a line under the episode and concentrate on other targets.

"Khaldoon is not the kind of man to make U-turns once a statement of intent has been made public.

"He decided Manchester City were not going to get caught in the crossfire of the game between Barcelona and Eto'o."

Balti said:
Transfers of this profile are largely carried out in the media. I think our withdrawn offer is just another move in this public game of chess. If there are no other serious bidders then I still think that this one has legs. But Barca have to compromise on the loyalty payment issue.

spot on. barca are desperate to sell. i think there is still life in this transfer yet

Spursmad posted this on another forum before

Taken from Vital Manchester City
@ 09.18 today
Hi All,

As you are probably aware I had some crap to deal with over at Bluemoon a few days ago, so I decided to take a few days away to decided whether it was worth putting up with, so that the good members on Bluemoon can hear my info. I have decided that the idiots will not win, so I will be back on Bluemoon soon.

Regarding the Eto'o situation this had all been agreed with Eto'o from City end, and that Eto'o had agreed to join City. But as I said before Eto'o is a very complex man to deal with and he is now digging his heals in over him getting the maximum pay off from Barcelona, this making the deal drag on.

City have decided to try and force the issue by saying that they have pulled out, this deal isn't dead yet.

Cheers

Spursmad321

Bazzmand Show said:
Spursmad posted this on another forum before

Taken from Vital Manchester City
@ 09.18 today
Hi All,

As you are probably aware I had some crap to deal with over at Bluemoon a few days ago, so I decided to take a few days away to decided whether it was worth putting up with, so that the good members on Bluemoon can hear my info. I have decided that the idiots will not win, so I will be back on Bluemoon soon.

Regarding the Eto'o situation this had all been agreed with Eto'o from City end, and that Eto'o had agreed to join City. But as I said before Eto'o is a very complex man to deal with and he is now digging his heals in over him getting the maximum pay off from Barcelona, this making the deal drag on.

City have decided to try and force the issue by saying that they have pulled out, this deal isn't dead yet.

Cheers

Spursmad321
Bu what about this statement?
"Khaldoon is not the kind of man to make U-turns once a statement of intent has been made public."
Somebody somewhere will have to eat humble pie if the deal goes through.

Khaldoon, "In July we announced that we had pulled out of the deal to sign Eto o from Barcelona. Owing to exceptional circumstance all differences between Barcalona and Eto o have now been resolved, the player is desperate to join us and because negotiations have not yet taken place with the alternative transfer target and the fact that Eto o wants to play for the club we have agreed a fee with Barcelona the player is travelling to Manchester today to finalise the contract and undergo a medical".

Rammyblues said:
Khaldoon, "In July we announced that we had pulled out of the deal to sign Eto o from Barcelona. Owing to exceptional circumstance all differences between Barcalona and Eto o have now been resolved, the player is desperate to join us and because negotiations have not yet taken place with the alternative transfer target and the fact that Eto o wants to play for the club we have agreed a fee with Barcelona the player is travelling to Manchester today to finalise the contract and undergo a medical".

If carlsberg did press releases.

It is strange that Eto'o himself and his agent are very very quiet during all of this.

It is Eto'o that holds the key to all this......We should be looking to deal with him and not concetnrating on dealing with Barca

MH/Khaldoon/GC.....they need to get in contact with the player himself and see what the deal is....get an answer from him before we decide to pull out of the negotiations altogether

podgy_rodge said:
im still clutching at those last few straws after hearing the spanish article and now spursmad

which Spanish article is that mate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.