Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

lionheart said:
But what about this statement?
"Khaldoon is not the kind of man to make U-turns once a statement of intent has been made public."
Somebody somewhere will have to eat humble pie if the deal goes through.
That wasn't a club statement. It was a quote from an anonymous (made-up) club insider.

lets keep clutching at those straws...Im hanging on to mine for dear life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c'mon city pull this one out of the bag!!!!!!

Llewellyn Dowd said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
I hope we are about to find out the measure of Khaldoon al Mubarak...

If he can pull this off and show the football world we will not be messed about then we are on a very good path indeed.

If he has ruined our chance of signing Eto'o when Laporta was still trying to make it happen then he is clearly a fool.

I hope and pray (and believe) it is the former.

Come on Khaldoon! Show us what you are made of!

How dare you even hint that a man of Khaldoon's standing may be a fool? You clown, he's a very accomplished businessman with more nous than anybody you've ever been within a mile of.
haha fucking hell mate, nobody wants to see the owners get pissed off and walk out but im sure he has bog roll to wipe his arse with, i dont think he needs any help from your tongue!

wrongun73 said:
Llewellyn Dowd said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
I hope we are about to find out the measure of Khaldoon al Mubarak...

If he can pull this off and show the football world we will not be messed about then we are on a very good path indeed.

If he has ruined our chance of signing Eto'o when Laporta was still trying to make it happen then he is clearly a fool.

I hope and pray (and believe) it is the former.

Come on Khaldoon! Show us what you are made of!

How dare you even hint that a man of Khaldoon's standing may be a fool? You clown, he's a very accomplished businessman with more nous than anybody you've ever been within a mile of.
haha fucking hell mate, nobody wants to see the owners get pissed off and walk out but im sure he has bog roll to wipe his arse with, i dont think he needs any help from your tongue!

I'm not grovelling, just stating a fact. Who rattled your cell?

Llewellyn Dowd said:

lol.

If he has blown our chance to sign a player like Eto'o through impatience then calling him a fool is being extremely kind.

Hopefully that is not the case.

You had never heard of him a year ago, and have read what? a couple of interviews since?

You know as much about him as you do about me, so take your tongue out of his crack.

bluebean said:
Either way he will not be a fool, the deal was 'believed' to be done on both sides, city with barca and city with eto'o, but eto'o wanted the payment, laporta couldnt push that through so we've walked. Laporta either sorts it now quick time and the deal is done, or he doesnt and we hold our dignity! good move and no lose situation! we have billions but we wont be messed about by ANYBODY no matter there stature!

Know what you're saying mate, but I wouldn't call it a no lose situation...

One way we lose the possibility of signing one of the best strikers in the world, and those opportunities don't come around for us very often.

SalfordCityBlue said:
Llewellyn Dowd said:

lol.

If he has blown our chance to sign a player like Eto'o through impatience then calling him a fool is being extremely kind.

You had never heard of him a year ago, and have read what? a couple of interviews since?

You know as much about him as you do about me, so take your tongue out of his crack.

Mate I don't know too much about him but when you get to his lofty position in business its fair to say he knows what he is doing..

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khaldoon_Al_Mubarak" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khaldoon_Al_Mubarak</a>

SalfordCityBlue said:
Llewellyn Dowd said:

lol.

I know his standing in the business world and you would hardly be on here calling him names if you had anything like his integrity, so take your head out of your crack.

vincent said:
Mate I don't know too much about him but when you get to his lofty position in business its fair to say he knows what he is doing..

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khaldoon_Al_Mubarak" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khaldoon_Al_Mubarak</a>

Franny Lee knew how to sell bog roll but was shit at running a football club...

Sounds like I'm running him down - I'm not, I think he could become a legend. Still got a lot to prove yet though for me, but I'm more than hopeful he will be awesome.

Pulling off the Eto'o signing will go a long way to providing that proof.

Llewellyn Dowd said:
I know his standing in the business world and you would hardly be on here calling him names if you had anything like his integrity, so take your head out of your crack.

What are you on about you bellend?

I haven't called anyone names (other than you just there, but it was more than deserved).

I suggest you enrol in your local college and take a reading comprehension course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.