Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

I guess we disagree for obvious reasons about lescott. I just think that 16m would give moyes the opportunity to sign 3 defenders + a midfielder like Cana or M'bia, plus he'll probably get Jo on loan for another year. Along with his existing kitty, it'll also probably leave him with enough funds to put a down payment on Moutinho, who, btw, I reckon is going to be fantastic. Good business all round IMO.

BTW ......
Regarding Tevez , and his presumed reluctance to join Liverpool out of respect for their rivalry with United , isn't joining City a little hypocritical ?

Darker shade of Blue said:
BTW ......
Regarding Tevez , and his presumed reluctance to join Liverpool out of respect for their rivalry with United , isn't joining City a little hypocritical ?

In all honesty pal I think that's just saving face. He will know that (at the moment) Liverpool are considered greater rivals than Us, so the rag plastics won't be as annoyed if he were to move to Us. Also if the reports about demanding over 100k a week from the rags are true, he can claim that they didn't value him etc. and as a result he deflects the blame from himself to united.

bizzbo said:
I guess we disagree for obvious reasons about lescott. I just think that 16m would give moyes the opportunity to sign 3 defenders + a midfielder like Cana or M'bia, plus he'll probably get Jo on loan for another year. Along with his existing kitty, it'll also probably leave him with enough funds to put a down payment on Moutinho, who, btw, I reckon is going to be fantastic. Good business all round IMO.

We paid £15 mill for Fellaini .
Why would we sell Lescott for £16 mill ? We can probably still buy Moutinho if we want to enough ( yes please ) as we are not the poor club some might think . It's all about how many players we need in other areas .

City have just paid £18 mill ( I presume ) for Rocky . Good player , but more than he is worth possibly .
Lescotts value to Everton is equal to his value to City , as both need excellence in that area .
We have that excellence ( debateable of course ) .
If City can't find a better option , then how will Everton ? He is simply the best option for both parties , and City will have to cough up big time to get him .

Solihull Samba Boys said:
BTW ......

In all honesty pal I think that's just saving face. He will know that (at the moment) Liverpool are considered greater rivals than Us, so the rag plastics won't be as annoyed if he were to move to Us. Also if the reports about demanding over 100k a week from the rags are true, he can claim that they didn't value him etc. and as a result he deflects the blame from himself to united.

I like him very much .
Maybe we will out bid you for him .

BTW ......

my thoughts exactly!

anyway back to the origional topic of post.

I bloody hope we get eto'0 but i wonder how likely it is........is this transfer going to drag for the full length of the window or at some point will either the player or the club say it is not happening?????

The reports are saying we are competing with inter and ac for Eto'os signature but movig to inter or Ac milan to me seems pointless considering he is at Barca and they will likely offer him similar payments to those other clubs. I thought the whole thing that has spiked this move was because city were going to pay wages far in excess of what those two mentioned teams will. I cant see him moving from Barca to Inter, that would be a movement of club for no "real" reason other than a change of scenery. I can only see him coming to us to be honest, if he leaves Barca.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.