Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Why wouldn't Barca want to replace Eto'o with Forlan? In the same league, for an inferior team, Forlan scored more goals than Eto'o and was Europe's top scorer.

Tricky_Trev said:
Why wouldn't Barca want to replace Eto'o with Forlan? In the same league, for an inferior team, Forlan scored more goals than Eto'o and was Europe's top scorer.

Because Forlan is 30, and they do not want to pay 36m euros.

personally i think if you take aguero out of athetico forlan would find it much harder

Wouldn't have to worry about his family settling over here, apparently his Wife & kids live in Paris & would stay there no matter who he signs for.

mancity25 said:
g180aj said:
barca want zlatan and need to sell eto'o to help pay for him with a 75 mill price tag on a 30 year old sounds stupid to me

Why do people keep thinking Zlatan is 30? He's 27.

And I think he's overrated to be honest.

ok ill give u that one i was sure it said 30 in the papers

You're all talking yourselves round in circles now.

Whether Eto comes to us is one thing but to try to then predict every other transfer and the hows and whys is akin to figuring out whether a butterfly flapping its wings is somehow involved in the wind that you feel right now. Or something.

mancity25 said:
Tricky_Trev said:

The figure we'd pay Barca for Eto'o wouldn't be a million miles away from that price, so there'd be no real net financial loss. And Forlan keeps himself really fit, doesn't suffer from too many injuries and in my opinion has another 3/4 years at the top level left in him. 3/4 years is a long time in football and most players don't stay at a club for that long anyway. I think it's clear Barca would like David Villa above anyone else, but once he goes to Madrid, i wouldn't be at all surprised if they went for Forlan.

anyone that doubts whether Eto'o would want to join us just needs to go back 12 months, when he was told he was surplus to requirements at Barcelona,and was seriously considering joining a club in Uzbekistan because they were prepared to pay big bucks to him to play there. ok, its not the best way to get a player to your club, but Eto'o is a player with personal pride that won't allow him to let his (or his team-mates)standards to drop. At 28 he is in his prime, Barca will not pay his increased wage demands, its as simple as that.so unless Eto'o backs down and agrees to their offer, he has no choice but to move. He would be a great addition to the City team, a genuine goal threat that we have been missing

i think as long as we sign tevez then the other forward we sign will either be eto'o or rsc cant see us goin for anyone like zlatan but we'll have to wait an see

Tricky_Trev said:
mancity25 said:
Tricky_Trev said:

The figure we'd pay Barca for Eto'o wouldn't be a million miles away from that price, so there'd be no real net financial loss. And Forlan keeps himself really fit, doesn't suffer from too many injuries and in my opinion has another 3/4 years at the top level left in him. 3/4 years is a long time in football and most players don't stay at a club for that long anyway. I think it's clear Barca would like David Villa above anyone else, but once he goes to Madrid, i wouldn't be at all surprised if they went for Forlan.

Add to that the fact that Eto'o is in the last year of his contract and does not look like signing a new one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.