Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Well he said on the 7th of june.
<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=goal_agent_samuel_etorsquoo&prov=goal&type=lgns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=g ... &type=lgns</a>

This shite has been coming. Just to state the obvious, lets remember that Barca are making such a song and dance about how Eto is "more than satisfied" with City's offer and wants to come to the club. There can only be one reason for that. Clearly Barca are attempting to slither out of the loyalty payment, which is slimy yet strangely understandable. If they want to use the Eto money to buy Villa, then they aren't going to want the fee cut by £10 million before they even get started.

Incidently, the longer we go without any formal Barca/Mcfc announcement on this today, the more optimistic I will become.

blueinsa said:
hgblue said:
blueinsa said:
Eto'o to City = Done deal imho

Football politics being played, thats all!

Barca are selling him and he wants whats due to him.

It will get paid one way or the other and he will be a Blue.

Not ITK just my opinion.

Sorry, but aren't you supposed to be panicking, and screaming like a little girl, 'It's Kaka all over again'?

LOL

Refuse to mate, really hope he signs and i think he will!

However Eto'o or no Fookin Eto'o i will still be a blue, i will still go to bed tonight, i will still get up tomorrow and i will still have to go to fookin work!

That said i really do think this is a done deal and we are just seeing lots of brinkmanship at the moment!

CTID....Eto'o or not!

Agreed. Why can't everyone chill the fuck out! Eto'o or no Eto'o, we're going to have the best team we've had for many a long year next season. The season after that it's going to be better still, and so on. Happy days are just around the corner, so let's just all calm down please!

I can't believe that Cook hadn't found out some time ago whether Eto'o wanted to come to City. He met Laporta and would have been told that Barca wanted to offload. Then he would have contacted Eto'o/Agent to find out his view.

At which point it would have been clear if there could be a deal or not.

So maybe this loyalty payment wasn't introduced into the mix until yesterday by Eto'os people.

Must purely be Samuel's attempt to get some more dosh from a club that he probably feels have treated him a bit shabbily given what he has done for the team. He must know that Guardiola wants Villa and that must hurt him.

At least I hope that's what is going on!

Cobwebcat said:
I was about 60% sure he would come and nothing has changed.

His agent saying "he is staying unless blah blah blah" isn't all bad. It means we are still on if money can be sorted out, not that it's dead. The mooted press conference will be to put pressure on City and/or Barca to meet his terms.

How can Eto'o stay now that his agent has basically said the reason for staying would be to piss Barca off? Barca would have to put him in the reserves all year. Eto'o almost certainly has to leave after that.

The press just pick up on "he is staying" I look at "unless"

Not over for us yet and I can't see him staying at Barca now that relations between him and Barca must be as bad as Madrid and Robinho.

All about the money, all about the dum dum diddle dum dum...............
TBH thats the cleverest thing ive read all day.......... makes good sense

Leen69 said:
SSN saying he is likely to turn us down, agent says he wants to stay at Barca

Agent has not said that and ssn report this because its what they want to happen.

It is a better story for them to tell than us actually getting him.

He signs we will get 5 mins in between a 30 min special on the new pies ot the swamp next season....

He turns us down and we will be on all day for the next week with every rag they can muster laughing there little cocks off!

Methinks ragsports are going to be dissapointed ;-)

bluemoon32 said:
Leen69 said:
SSN saying he is likely to turn us down, agent says he wants to stay at Barca

Barcelona & the fans want him gone, then sign Villa.

Who the fuck wouldnt - villa seems a much more wholesome character - he lthe spanish gary lineker

Keeps his mouth shut and lets his football do the talking

robbieh said:
I can't believe that Cook hadn't found out some time ago whether Eto'o wanted to come to City. He met Laporta and would have been told that Barca wanted to offload. Then he would have contacted Eto'o/Agent to find out his view.

So maybe this loyalty payment wasn't introduced into the mix until yesterday by Eto'os people.

Must purely be Samuel's attempt to get some more dosh from a club that he probably feels have treated him a bit shabbily given what he has done for the team. He must know that Guardiola wants Villa and that must hurt him.

Might explain why this amateurish public wrangling over the loyalty bonus has been allowed to happen - can't believe its got to this stage without it being sorted.

MattyIce said:
I don't understand how some people say they will not believe a player has signed until it's on the official site or City say something but are ready to believe that a player has turned us down without the player himself saying something official
The agent acts on behalf of the player - so if he suggests there's a problem, it's a safe bet that there is one. It could all be negotiating ploy as some are hoping. I don't know the amount of money involved, although I have seen talk of £13 Million. if that's the case, I really can't see that being resolved overnight. Very likely this will drag on until deadline day.

robbieh said:

This This and more Fookin This!

Calm down everyone please!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.