Official City v Liverpool MatchDay Thread.

Reina- Johnson, Carra, Skrtel, Aurelio- Kuyt, Poulsen, Mascherano, Jovanovic- Gerrard, Torres.

Liverpool team for tonight. We can beat that.

lionheart said:
FUManUtd said:
This would be the most dangerous lineup for opponents, city could put out, minus kolarov and boateng. milner can defend and so can yaya, remember the best defense is a good offense. if mancini played that lineup tomorrow, i can guarantee a win for us
..............adebayor
balotelli...................tevez
.................silva
........milner.........yaya
lescott..kompany..kolo..micah
..................hart
i would have put zaba, but sometimes he just puts us in dangerous position with those late tackles and unnecessary shirt tugs/fouls outside and inside the box. we need boateng back really bad
That lineup would certainly produce goals but, without NDJ to break up Gerrard and Mascerano's play-making skills, I predict a 2-2 outcome.
Not a bad line up, its the full backs Im worried about. Lescott seemed ok against Timosuara but Zaba was a little gung ho.I know it wont happen but would like to see Kolo at right back and Boyata in the centre until the injuries are sorted

-------------Hart-----------
Micah---Kolo---Vinnie---Lesc

Milner---Yaya----Barry-----AJ

----------Silva---------

---------Tevez

If we are being positive, I actually expect Dejong to play though and AJ miss out

swps said:
Reina- Johnson, Carra, Skrtel, Aurelio- Kuyt, Poulsen, Mascherano, Jovanovic- Gerrard, Torres.

Liverpool team for tonight. We can beat that.

Mascherano may not be there tonight:
From the Sporting Life.....0952: Interesting news from Sport as they report that Javier Mascherano is very close to joining Barcelona.

onceabluealways said:

----------Silva---------

---------Tevez

If we are being positive, I actually expect Dejong to play though and AJ miss out
If we play with a winger, surely we need some height up front to bang in those crosses?

lionheart said:
onceabluealways said:

----------Silva---------

---------Tevez

If we play with a winger, surely we need some height up front to bang in those crosses?

I expect you're right but wingers don't have to put the balls in the air. i also can't see Tevez not playing as he is captain. Other option would be to play Ballo / Ade alongside Tevez which would mean dropping AJ or Silva / Barry and move Milner in middle playing Silva and AJ on the wings with 442. I can't see Mancini taking that risk. Depends where he see's milner playing

I want to see RM put out a team to attack and beat liverpool. If we have serious aspirations of even top 4 this season we must start to win against the perceived better/stronger teams.(home and away)

If he starts with the same team as he did vs Spurs then he is making a mistake.

Redknapp went with a positive team away vs stoke and got the rewards. We must start doing the same in all games and not sitting off teams and letting them attack us. I dont want to see another first 45mins where we barely have an attempt on or off target.

We have the team to beat liverpool.....and that should purely be our aim....instead of going ot to defend like we have done against all the other better teams

My lineup tonight:

Hart

Lescott, Toure, Kompany, Richards

De Jong

Yaya, Milner

Silva, Tevez

Balotelli

Tevez likes to drop deep so playing him behind Balotelli with Silva *i think* will cause Liverpool problems, especially if they are without Agger and Mascherano.

Richards instead of Zabaleta purely on pace for tonight, with de jong man marking Gerrard and Yaya and Milner feeding the forward line.

hart
Zab Kolo Vinny Lescott

De Jong Yaya

Milner

Balotelli Silva

Tevez

Milners best performances for Villa were in the centre. Balo, Tevez and Silva a very fluid three, probably more with Balo through the middle as Tevez drops off looking for the ball. I would have gone for Micah over Zab, but against Spuds he was on the stroll back frame of mind again. In this set up we need full backs to defend first, attack second, so sorry Micah, Zab for me for this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.