Official Hamburg vs Manchester City FC Thread

If anyone really thinks we've got no chance then feel free to flog me your ticket as mines fallen through :-)

PM me

I think Gelson is fucking shit but I cant believe that he is the one getting stick on here after that performance.

Richards absolutely fucking shit tonight, one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a City player, at fault for all 3 goals!

Where was fucking captain marvel Dunne? Every week I have people telling me that he is a great player, yeah fucking star! Where was his leaderdship tonight when we have probably needed a leader more than at anytime this season? Not a fucking clue!

If it wasnt for Given it would have been a cricket score!

It was all downhill after the first 30 seconds. The second half was an absolute abomination. Like "not fit to wear the shirt" bad. That looked like a League 2 side against a Big Four side.

I'll tell you what was sorely missing: Kompany and de Jong. The good news is that Kompany could pay in the home leg. The bad news is that de Jong won't be able to.

I'm not sure what Garrido was thinking on that third goal. He was just wandering around the box, allowing Guerrero to get completely free for the goal.

The Richards handball was unfortunate, but when you give up 400 corners, you're just asking for that.

Looks like next week it's Hughes's Last Stand midweek at CoMS.

We need to blitz them at CoMS now. I honestly can't see us keeping a clean sheet but if we can equal what they did tonight then we have a chance

bizzbo said:
i'm loath to blame it all on hughes because you can see that we have caused them problems, you cant coach players to defend as badly as micah has tonight, and we've missed kompany (and de jong) terribly.

at 3-1 we still have a chance to turn it around, and seventh is still doable. but there are some really bad signs for him. there is no cohesion and no confidence in our play. chemistry is what it's all about, and we aint got any.

the biggest criticism tactically is that micah ends up as the key player in nearly every attack, because the opposition arent in the least bit scared of him they let him fluff it up, then charge into the space he's left. the midfield is makeshift, but it's horrible to watch the player in possesion look in vain for someone to come toward him, and it happens so often it's untrue.

it aint over for the uefa, and it aint over for hughes. but this was a big step backwards.

Fair comment!

We need 2 holding players since Ireland for all his 60 yard runs to score also does a few that don't come off which leaves us short. Not his fault per se but a problem we had early in the season which has reappeared tonight!

It aint over til it's over so game on next Thursday... I'll be there!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.