Official Knee-Jerk Reaction Thread

Can this be given a sticky it is comedy gold and it is hard to work out who is real and who is taking the piss. Just hope no fans of any other teams see things like this and think people are serious.

This should be kept for the ages, wrist slitting city fans writing off the season after a draw with 29 games left.

EalingBlue2 said:
Can this be given a sticky it is comedy gold and it is hard to work out who is real and who is taking the piss. Just hope no fans of any other teams see things like this and think people are serious.

This should be kept for the ages, wrist slitting city fans writing off the season after a draw with 29 games left.

If Richards goal had of stood the same people would be saying we are shoe ins for the title ( LOL ).

Re: Never going to be top four

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
bookiesgirl said:
march 08 last home draw, cant see how how it can be a good point when we were 2-0 up, two points dropped, still only one defeat in 9 and the rivals all have hard games next week apart from utd, so could do with three points at birmingham
So I was right first home draw in over a season. Yes it was a good point both teams can argue they should have won that game Fulham probably should have scored first. It's all if ands buts and maybes but I stick by what I said it was a good point in a game we could so easily have lost.
Yeah but last year, we lost games at home that we should have at least drawn (eg. Everton, and we had one-goal leads against Chelsea, Liverpool, Fulham, and Tottenham).

So don't use that as an example of our good home form.

Well, Fulham were the better side, end of, and that's really not good enough. There's no creativity in the midfield because he's picking de jong instead of Ireland against a lightweight team...barry can do the clean-up job on his own in those circumstances..so no through ball's for the forwards to run onto or give and go's with the wide men and what was that all about with bellamy and petrov interchanging wings every ten seconds......and upfront ade and tevez showing no signs of being able to play together yet...is it any coincidence that ade has gone down a notch since he was paired with tevez...Defensively..of course we got the goals and then any side with any lofy aspirations should be able to see it out----what's with lescott's pace...or lack of..some people used to say dunne was slow but this guy is pedestrian...he's also not winning the header's he's supposed to....toure was obviously unfit and the sooner ned gets fit the better....no point even discussing richards......

No i'm sure everyone in the ground could see that fulham were organised and had the better of us tactically.....worrying that we couldn't respond, there's certainly a lot more options on the bench now.

Hughes' argument last season was the amount of midweek games due to involvement in UEFA Cup.

Yet Fulham can play three games in six days, with six first-team players missing, and still match-up physically.

Sometimes there can be no excuses, much as we would like to find them.

EalingBlue2 said:

Theres been disappointment, and a bit of anger at the way we cost ourselves two points yesterday. That's all.

I know you like to belittle anyone with less than 100% positive outlook on the team, but try not to make out that things are any more than they are.

moomba said:
EalingBlue2 said:

Theres been disappointment, and a bit of anger at the way we cost ourselves two points yesterday. That's all.

I know you like to belittle anyone with less than 100% positive outlook on the team, but try not to make out that things are any more than they are.

The anger is misplaced and out of order. A poor defensive performance within the context of an otherwise fantastic start results wise, if not performance wise, to the season, is not the type of foundation normally used for some of the histrionics which have followed on from yesterday's result. Truth is that a hell of a lot of posters do sound like spoiled, arrogant, teenage, tourist, rags. You can find plenty of constructive debate and criticism on this board if you are that way inclined. You can also find plenty of dumb-fuck, knee jerk, negativity, by the same mob of five or six posters...

Re: well fcuk that

well go on them.

i dont think we our players were good at giving each other options. they seemed too static, something thats happened since the rag game. we need more movement and to support the man with the ball. imo

Fact is we should have done what they do all the time - shut up shop at 2-0 and not given them an inch of space - we didn´t defend as a team and imo we are only about 70% of the way to being a totally cohesive unit, attacking AND defnding as such - we should do what Fulham do at Brum and hammer them on the break NOT take the game to them as we will surley end up frustrated

mike channon´s windmill said:
Fact is we should have done what they do all the time - shut up shop at 2-0 and not given them an inch of space - we didn´t defend as a team and imo we are only about 70% of the way to being a totally cohesive unit, attacking AND defnding as such - we should do what Fulham do at Brum and hammer them on the break NOT take the game to them as we will surley end up frustrated

i know the team needs to settle and get to know each others play. no more so than in defence, but if this is our bad patch i`ll take it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.