Official Manchester City vs Arsenal Matchday Thread

I think this will end up being a draw and could be the same in the derby. Dont expect an offensive line up from us IMO.

Wenger hates a packed midfield and physical game, this is exactly what he can expect from this match.

keemcfc said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
City
------------Given-------------
Micah--Toure--Lescott--Bridge
----------De Jong------------
------Ireland----Barry--------
Tevez----Adebayor----Robinho

Arsenal
------------Almunia-----------
Sagna-Gallas-Vermaelen-Clichy
-------------Song------------
--------Cesc----Rosicky------
Van Persie--Eduardo--Arshavin

Anybody that says it will be easy for either side are talking rubbish. Both teams look equally matched on paper. I think it will be 2-1. Hopefully to city ;)
nope, that will be:

walcott--van persie--arshavin

or:

arshavin--van persie--nasri

eduardo has a two match ban for diving. (at least i think it counts for the prem as well?)
its just for the champs league mate and i think walcott and nasri will still be out injured.

goat boy said:
Early team sheet... It's still August as I write, two weeks to kick off, so subject to anything happening tomorrow in the transfer market, and any players picking up problems on international duty, this is how I'd like to line up for the Arsenal game.

------------- Shay ------------

Zab -- Toure -- Lescott -- Bridge

------------ De Jong -----------
------ Stevinho --- Barry-------

-- Tevez -------------- 'binho --
---------- Adebayor ------------

A slight reversion back to last season's tactics. I think Ireland will be pushed forward again, Barry will try and go box to box, keeping things sensible and making sure the ball is moved around nicely. De Jong will be employed to try and keep an eye on runners from midfield, and to help eliminate the threat of Arsenal's forwards dropping deeper.

First goal Tevez. Arsenal will score, possibly twice. Second goal then, not from Adebayor, or Stevie, I can see it being Lescott, maybe 'binho. 2-1 to City, or 2 all and a draw. We havent drawn at COMS, in the league, since March 08, ie the season before last (Wigan, I believe), and with everything seeming to want to be a bit different this season, a draw would fit.
i seriously think we need you as manager, great team and i hope Hughesy fields that team

keemcfc said:
team:

....................given....................
richards....toure....lescott....sylvinho
............de jong.......barry............
...................ireland...................
tevez...............................robinho
.................adebayor.................

bench:

taylor,
onuoha,
bridge,
zabaleta,
wright-phillips,
petrov,
bellamy.

1-1, ade for us, van persie for them.

Think I'd go with ned instead of Micah.

quiet_riot said:
PoolHustler said:
We've started exactly the same as 2 seasons ago winning 2-0, 1-0, 1-0 then we lost 1-0 to Arsenal, so lets hope history doesn't repeat itself.

I'll go for a hard fought 1-0 win for us Adebayor to score just to rub it in :-)

Wasn't it 1-0 to Blackburn?

no, we lost the clean sheet against arsenal. fabregas scored.

Some of you city fans are really clueless about Gallas. Gallas is one of the best central defenders in the world and it's laughable you think Toure is better and that he's our weak point.
Have you been watching our matches? He's been our best player, only Vermaelen has been close.

alera said:
I think this will end up being a draw and could be the same in the derby. Dont expect an offensive line up from us IMO.

Wenger hates a packed midfield and physical game, this is exactly what he can expect from this match.

I fully agree. I can't see us "going for it" against Arsenal. We will likely end up defending for most of the time, but you never know we might manage to keep a clean sheet and nick a goal off them, like we did against Barca.

kacoo said:
Some of you city fans are really clueless about Gallas. Gallas is one of the best central defenders in the world and it's laughable you think Toure is better and that he's our weak point.
Have you been watching our matches? He's been our best player, only Vermaelen has been close.
i agree with the gallas thing, he's not as bad as people on here make out, but, why are you on a city forum?

kacoo said:

go back on your arse forum

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.