Official Manchester City vs Arsenal Matchday Thread

moomba said:
Aussie! said:
what..i clearly saw him get booked.

Got booked for the celebration didn't he?

Pretty sure GMR said he had Moomba.

And agree with your earlier post.....don't think we have really gelled as yet. But it is a great start nonetheless.

vamps said:
super_city_si said:
He didnt get booked for the stamp. he was booked for the goal celebration.

I haven't seen the match yet cause i had to work, i'll watch it when it's uploaded somewhere. But how the hell can a player celebrating a goal get booked?
"Ungentlemanly conduct". That's what players get booked under when they take off their shirt after scoring.

At the moment, I thought Ade's celebration was mint, but it was pretty foolish in retrospect. All the Arse fans were chucking stuff onto the pitch. Hope he doesn't get suspended for that.

amaze said:
super_city_si said:
He didnt get booked for the stamp. he was booked for the goal celebration.

Oh yeah... So that means they WILL look into it with all the hype. If guilty he will get banned, will it kick in BEFORE or after the derby?!
knowing the fa it will probobly (hopefully) take action in a few years, when weve got fernando torres on the bench, :)

Don't think there should be repercussions for celebrating, whoever it is. All fans need accept that this is part of football's drama; "Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by" Adebayor.

codespyder said:
At the moment, I thought Ade's celebration was mint, but it was pretty foolish in retrospect. All the Arse fans were chucking stuff onto the pitch. Hope he doesn't get suspended for that.

Cannot understand why there isn't a shared responsibility at times like this. Yes, Adebayor wound them up but they responded. They didn't have to.

Loved Ade's celebration! Football is all about passion and theatre, take this kind of thing out of the game and it will be very dull. Fans should be prepared to take some stick aswell as dish it out. Rooney pisses me off when he celebrates in front of us but I wouldn't want to stop him from doing it. They've gone too far as it is with booking players for just taking their fookin shirts off (I've never understood that)

Really enjoyed the game, Arsenal are a classy team but we played them at their own game breaking on the counter attack. The great thing about us is that we clearly haven't even gelled that much yet, nor are we playing brilliant, but we are winning! I'd love it, love it if we beat the scum next week! :)

codespyder said:
The referee booked him for his celebration so, if the FA are to show any consistency, they can't do anything as the ref saw the whole incident and chose his punishment at the time.

The kick/stamp on Van Persie is a different matter, Adebayor got away with that so if there's conclusive evidence that he did kick Van Persie then that will be a 3 game ban. We'll wait and see.

On a different note entirely, Craig Bellamy was simply immense today.

Just got back now, getting changed quick before go out for a few more!

Awesome game, Bellamy was just incredible, Richards looked something like the player we know he can be, and De Jong was effective. Not comfortable with us sitting back and were too deep for first 20 mins of second half but the in the end quality of our attacking play won it, although could have been 4-4 in all honesty by the end. If we were not the incredible team that we are, that is ;)

Fully expect UEFA to give Ade a ban as they seem to want to decide who are winners and losers on everything this season - didn't see the supposed red card challenge of his that Collymore was whinging about on talkshite, there was a challenge that Ade made where the player stayed down but looked clumsy rather than malicious, but they hardly need a reason to hate us right now I guess. Regarding the celebration, warning on future behaviour would be fine, even away supporter said that on radio, but we all know what they are like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.