Official Match Day Coach Services

Citizen of Legoland

Just thought I would start this thread seeing as we’re being “discouraged” from driving to the games and the public transport clearly isn’t good enough to handle the situation as it is.

Is anybody using the services set up that run from Macclesfield, New Mills and Marple? And how good/bad are they?

Personally I would be interested in something running from the Bury/Radcliffe area. I know we have the tram, but it’s not direct, and I cannot handle the crush situation at the city centre changeover. I don’t mind the walk to the stadium from town but that’s on top of the 40min walk I have to the tram stop in Radcliffe so it gets a bit too much in bad weather.

I’m hoping a dedicated thread might help those at City see the comments.

Where else would people like to see coaches (realistically) running from?

This link suggests it was only running until the end of this year, I haven’t heard anything about it being continued.

Last edited:
Reactions: CC1
Fairly sure Prestwich and Whitefield OSC run bus / coach to every home game
Yes they probably do. Bit of a trek as I seem to live in no man’s land and need to catch a connection to wherever picks up. Buses aren’t great at night, every 30 mins scheduled but often don’t turn up. And the nearest bus stop is 20 min walk. If you join these OSC’s do you have to attend meetings as I don’t have much spare time sadly. Bury at Walshaw is the nearest for me I think, still 3.5 miles away, maybe I need to start my own up when I retire.

I’ll be reluctantly getting the coach that runs from Macclesfield on Saturday. I’m just under 6 weeks on from knee replacement surgery and missed the last 3 home games. I’m now getting about OK but not cleared to drive yet and don’t fancy the train and bus to the ground.

A big negative is the coach leaving Macc at 11.25 to get to the ground for 1. I’ve no idea where it will drop me and how far I’ll have to walk to my entrance (J) and what sort of time I’ll get home. But on the plus side at least I’ll be getting to the game.

I’ll be reluctantly getting the coach that runs from Macclesfield on Saturday. I’m just under 6 weeks on from knee replacement surgery and missed the last 3 home games. I’m now getting about OK but not cleared to drive yet and don’t fancy the train and bus to the ground.

A big negative is the coach leaving Macc at 11.25 to get to the ground for 1. I’ve no idea where it will drop me and how far I’ll have to walk to my entrance (J) and what sort of time I’ll get home. But on the plus side at least I’ll be getting to the game.
I’m also interested in the Macc coach as I believe it stops in Bollington near the Springwood? Anyone used it & if so what time does it get to the Springwood before - say - the 3pm kickoff

I’m also interested in the Macc coach as I believe it stops in Bollington near the Springwood? Anyone used it & if so what time does it get to the Springwood before - say - the 3pm kickoff
According to the website the only other stops before Adlington are opposite Badger Road in Manchester Road and Dorchester Way

Reactions: CC1
There’s a bus run by Rothwells which leaves Bury at the Weatherspoon Picture House pub, stops off at the Bluebell on Manchester Road, Sunnybank. Then stops at the Beehive Whitefield, then Coach and Horses at Kirkhams then goes on to Etihad. I get on at Beehive every week. £8 return and leaves 1.5 hours before KO from Beehive. No need to book just turn up.

Hi, J is my entrance so I assume you are EL2 or EL3 ? Can I suggest walking the 50 yards to Entrance H and using the lift to get up to floors 2 or 3, it will save your knee from the long walk up the round pathways.

Seems a long time ago in the days of Yelloways and Ellen Smiths running to every home game and most aways. They were generally starting in Rochdale and picking up on the way in to the match.

The smell of Old Spice, beer and cigs were ingrained in those coaches.

I think it's a great idea but not sure how much profit there is in it for coach companies nowadays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.