Official Match Day Coach Services

I’ll be reluctantly getting the coach that runs from Macclesfield on Saturday. I’m just under 6 weeks on from knee replacement surgery and missed the last 3 home games. I’m now getting about OK but not cleared to drive yet and don’t fancy the train and bus to the ground.

A big negative is the coach leaving Macc at 11.25 to get to the ground for 1. I’ve no idea where it will drop me and how far I’ll have to walk to my entrance (J) and what sort of time I’ll get home. But on the plus side at least I’ll be getting to the game.
My guess is it will drop you off in the car park at the end of Joe Mercer Way. There will be a good.number of golf cart type vehicles to transport those uneasy on the feet to walk up JMW so I imagine you'll be able to be jump on one of them if you explain your situation.
Best wishes with your recovery

To say this service seems undersubscribed would be putting it mildly. Just me and my son from the first stop all the way to the ground on a 26 seater.

Worringly the driver who had never been on this service before didn’t really seem to know where the drop off point is and took us to near where the kids are queuing for Fanzone. He’s knocking off now and seemed vague about whether pick up would be from the same place

Well, a schoolboy error yesterday. Having bemoaned the early departure time of the bus it never occurred to me that where there are two coaches on the booking form to look at the second. I just assumed that you would only do that if the first was fully booked. So after that match we get on a different coach and are told that coach two leaves about an hour after the first so would get to the ground around 2pm, much more reasonable.

There were still pitifully few on board though (only one to take everybody back) with the majority of those being from Cheadle and just a handful left for Macc. Despite now leaving the ground until 5.30 we were home in time to watch the climax of the Notts Forest game against whoever it was they were turning over...

To say this service seems undersubscribed would be putting it mildly. Just me and my son from the first stop all the way to the ground on a 26 seater.

Worringly the driver who had never been on this service before didn’t really seem to know where the drop off point is and took us to near where the kids are queuing for Fanzone. He’s knocking off now and seemed vague about whether pick up would be from the same place
I think once the parking restrictions are fully in place I expect demand might increase, especially if paid parking spots start filling up. I see they are offering coaches for the Huddersfield game so looks like it’s continuing (the club website only mentioned until the end of the year, 2023).

Reactions: CC1
They need to look at a service towards Oldham and Rochdale especially now the parking is going

Wish the club would do similar from Preston, Chorley, Bolton. Trains were a shambles yet again yesterday
My daughter lives in Chorley and everytime I pop over and take the grandson we end up on a train from Chorley and bus replacement from Bolton..... takes 3 to 4 hours to get home 25 miles away.

For the Spurs game the other week the train didn't even bother turning up so my daughter had to take us, go and see a mate of hers in Moston for a few hours and then pick us up at Vermillion.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.