Official Match Thread: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Fa Cup

3 forwards on the bench and only one to start for a home cup tie against a team who have two of there first choice back four out.

If this comes off I will never doubt Mancini again.

....and no Milner on the bench either, wonder if he's injured again?

Andouble said:
now apparently it's Lescott starting, not Kolo. Kolo not even in the team.

Even the OS/Twitter is at 6s and 7s

Well that makes it a bit better as our defence is now a lot stronger

--Vieira--Barry--
---Yaya-----Kolarov
-Silva---
-----Mario

it really isn't that bad.

Glad to see the slaughtering of the performance has begun well before kick off.

The only one of this selection that concerns me is Vieira, but arguably his best performance in a City shirt was against Villa last season in the league so maybe Mancini remembers that.

The back four is the strongest it can be without Kompany being fit (everyone has been banging on about giving Boetang a chance at CB) and pretty much everyone agrees that Richards is our form player and Zabba is better than Kolarov so where is the arguements there?

Attacking wise, We didn't have Tevez last time we played at home against this lot, and what happened? Carlos looked shot on sunday and considering his effort levels he needs the break. We have Silva to pull the strings which is more important than anything. Milner is just back from injury so probably not wise to push him too much, otherwise he would be my only change with the resources available

And SWP? He was so so bad against Aries that its probably wise he isn't risked

And its not like our bench is weak if needed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.