Official Match Thread: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Fa Cup

Vieira, Barry, Y Toure, Kolarov

That midfield makes Heskey look like the F1 car!

niall_mcfc said:
Blu KB said:
Say we put our absolute strongest team out then on sat we struggle and lose because we are knackered?

sat is more important than tonight regardless

No its not. We have a maximum of 2 games to beat Villa where would have had 38 to get a champions league spot. We need to win a trophy and get that winning mentality that Mancini bangs on about. We wont get that by finishing 4th and winning no trophies.

On saturday we are playing a very poor side who are coming here to play football and win. They wont settle for a point because they need to win. Villa are a lot better and they wont mind a draw and a replay. We should field our strongest side in every game possible and if Mancini thinks that the squad is too small guess what, dont loan players out or bring new ones in. Ok he wasnt expecting AJ to get injured but the window was still open to bring someone in but he didnt and dont give me the shit of there was no-one available or the right player wasnt available because we all know every play has a price. We could of got a decent player who would do a job but he decided to get nobody and then moan about it.

If we miss out on 4th spot this season it would be a disaster, whether we win a cup or not this season our biggest players were brought in on the promise of champions league football, without it they will want to leave and an FA cup wont change that

Doesnt matter who it is we face in the league they are all difficult

balkanno said:
Barry&Milner booth starting i think, so Dzeko is out this time.

But having Edin Dzeko as "Joker" is pretty strong.

Otherwise Tevez is having really an bad Performances lately (Booth Aris, Fulham) maybe he needs an Break too?

As i said..

sammyvine said:
TBF it could work and we may be eating our words but this is why I question Mancini.

Mourinho when he 1st started at Chelsea went full out with his strongest team in the league cup. I'm guessing he realized that even a ''lower'' trophy like the league cup will at least give the club the feeling of winning trophy's as well as proving he could win things.

I hope Mancini proves me wrong tonight because I see no creativity in the midfield.

Exactly the point im making. He bangs on about this winning mentality yet he doesnt try to win a trophy. The league is beyond us and by the sounds of it he decided that before we had played a league game because he was adamant that Chelsea would win it. The guy is just looking for excuses all the time instead of admitting hes wrong. Id love for us to be in the champions league next season but tbh we arent capable of doing anything in it because our team isnt good enough. Id much rather we go all out for a trophy.

What the fuck is that starting 11? Can you imagine the lift the villa team got when they find out no tevez or dzeko. Seriously manini, this better had work out tonight.

hart
richards boateng k toure kolarov
viera barry toure zab
silva
ballo

Wabara - played yesterday
Boyata - been out over 6 weeks and just started training

no Lescott anywhere to be found...
Milner, SWP, Kompany, haven't made the bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.