Official Match Thread: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Fa Cup

I am no "rag" but a City fan keen for us to finally achieve something like getting to Wembley and I really worry about the team that has been picked as I don't see any pace to worry Villa. If a player like Tevez is not carrying an injury he should be playing tonight.

Hopefully my fears are unfounded and City go through because I thought the idea of a top team was to try and win trophies.

rickmcfc said:
What the fuck is that starting 11? Can you imagine the lift the villa team got when they find out no tevez or dzeko. Seriously manini, this better had work out tonight.

hart
richards boateng k toure kolarov
viera barry toure zab
silva
ballo
He deserves the sack if we go out. I don't give a shit, he is paid millions a year, he is supposed to be a top manager. Knowing this club hasn't won anything for so long, a trophy should be our #1 target. This finishing 4th thing will go down to the Spurs game imo and that's a long time away.

full teams:

City: Hart, Richards, Boateng, Lescott, Zabaleta, Vieira, Barry, Yaya Toure, Silva, Kolarov, Balotelli.
Subs: Taylor, Boyata, Wabara, M Johnson, Jo, Tevez, Dzeko.

Villa: Friedel, Herd, Dunne, Clark, Bannan, Petrov, Bradley, Delph, Heskey, Agbonlahor, Delfouneso.
Subs: Marshall, Walker, Reo-Coker, Pires, Downing, Albrighton, A Young.

Referee: Mark Clattenburg(Chinese betting syndicate).

Blu KB said:
niall_mcfc said:
No its not. We have a maximum of 2 games to beat Villa where would have had 38 to get a champions league spot. We need to win a trophy and get that winning mentality that Mancini bangs on about. We wont get that by finishing 4th and winning no trophies.

On saturday we are playing a very poor side who are coming here to play football and win. They wont settle for a point because they need to win. Villa are a lot better and they wont mind a draw and a replay. We should field our strongest side in every game possible and if Mancini thinks that the squad is too small guess what, dont loan players out or bring new ones in. Ok he wasnt expecting AJ to get injured but the window was still open to bring someone in but he didnt and dont give me the shit of there was no-one available or the right player wasnt available because we all know every play has a price. We could of got a decent player who would do a job but he decided to get nobody and then moan about it.

If we miss out on 4th spot this season it would be a disaster, whether we win a cup or not this season our biggest players were brought in on the promise of champions league football, without it they will want to leave and an FA cup wont change that

Doesnt matter who it is we face in the league they are all difficult

So you reckon if we finish 5th then all our top players will leave? Bollocks, the only player that could leave is Tevez because of the stuff that happened earlier in the season. They have all been brought to be part of a project not a 1 season job. We are building a brand new team and players wont just jump ship after 1 season. Also who are going to afford all these players and their wages? No-one thats who.

c4lv3rt said:
niall_mcfc said:
Does Mancini want to win this competition? I know we have had a lot of games recently but thats his fault by thinking weakened teams can win the cup games and then ending up playing a replay. Wouldnt suprise me tonight if we draw and then he moans again that the team are tired. The players are paid £100,000 a week and they cant play 3 times in 7 days? What a joke, put the best team out and then if we have the game wrapped up you can take them off instead of having to chuck Tevez on in the 2nd half because we are 1-0 down.

I do agree but they're tired ;)

Tired?

With respect, what a load of crap!

These young men are paid each week what most of us will not earn in a year to run around a football pitch for 90 minutes twice a week.

Put them down a mine for a fortnight; then they'll know what tired is.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
full teams:

City: Hart, Richards, Boateng, K Toure, Zabaleta, Vieira, Barry, Yaya Toure, Silva, Kolarov, Balotelli.
Subs: Taylor, Boyata, Wabara, M Johnson, Jo, Tevez, Dzeko.

Villa: Friedel, Herd, Dunne, Clark, Bannan, Petrov, Bradley, Delph, Heskey, Agbonlahor, Delfouneso.
Subs: Marshall, Walker, Reo-Coker, Pires, Downing, Albrighton, A Young.

Referee: Mark Clattenburg(Chinese betting syndicate).

:(

now apparently it's Lescott starting, not Kolo. Kolo not even in the team.

Even the OS/Twitter is at 6s and 7s

Will need some vintage performances tonight with the team we have out, not really blessed with pace. Looks like set up not to lose, only bright spot for me is Silva.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.