Official Match Thread | Sunderland vs City 14th March

agree this game and fulham away are vital go for the win as draws might not be enough granted I had us to lose at chelski.
I am glad we get a rest get everyone fit for the vital easter period and keeps the blood pressure down.

cleggii said:
Predicting a big win, they're without a win in 12 or something, and I think a strong away result will be what kicks us up the arse for the 4th place push.. Bigger game than people realise in my opinion
They've only lost 2 at home in the League. Difficult place to get a result. I'd take a draw now. I hope they don't beat Bolton in mid-week. Better for us if the pressure remains on them when we play them

I have a spare ticket for this match that I am selling for £20. If any one is interested let me know. Thanks

the two aways (this and fulham) are vital. 3 points is the minimum we need. so we are better off going for the win. but as they are the home team and need the points, the pressure is on them to come out and score the goal. this might well suit us. our 4-5-1 'mini-break' system is starting to come together.

of course we've been here before. typical city would be to not turn up for this game, having got ourselves in pole position with the win at chelsea. I remember the win at the swamp the year before last, which should have reignited our league campaign. we had two weeks off before facing everton, and we didn't turn up. this will be a big test. who is really motivated to get us into fourth, and who is just going through the motions? will we have used the two weeks off to regain fitness and work hard, have we really nailed the psychological problems associated with playing away? or will some players think they have done enough that they can coast until the 'big' matches against spurs, arsenal, utd, villa?

I do admit to having doubts over how much fourth would mean to some of our players, who may be looking elsewhere for next season. thankfully I think there are enough players in our dressing room who really want to succeed at any cost. Tevez, Given, Lescott, Bridge, Bellamy, Kompany, De Jong, Zabaleta, Johnson, Barry and Mancini, are all people that I really believe are totally committed to our success this season (one way or another). so I think we may well win this one, or get a draw and win the fulham game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.