Official MatchDay Thread | Manchester City v Blackburn

Plenty of time left, but agreed we need to change it. 45 minutes of more of the same = nil points.

Blackburn have no quality anywhere on the park. So we do not need 5 in midfield, or four at the back for that matter. We need to get 2 up front and pronto.

I had thought we should get Jo on but he comes too deep looking for the ball, as does Tevez. So it has to be RSC on for Vieira. Vieira will be sent off 2nd half anyway if we dint sub him.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
NewbBlue said:
Utterly depressing performance. New week, same shit. Chances but none converted, and one massive mistake that costs us the match.

Something major needs to change.

When you feel a slight breeze do you scarper to your tornado shelter?
If I built a £100 million tornado shelter and it was getting bested by a tropical storm...

Luckily it's not too late for us to change this, unlike last match.

Right guys, watching in my sick bed on me laptop hence not at the game and here's my thoughts.

I've just watched 45 minutes of abject, clueless football. This is my opinion as I see it. An opposition manager must love our style of play which is slow, one paced and always infront of the opposition defence. Too easy to defend against for even the lesser teams. No thrust from midfield, no pace down the flanks except Johnson twice. Tevez is far too deep and playing like a headless chicken trying to do everything and ends up doing nothing. No striker [a striker being a player in the area]....
What depresses me is that we are at home, against an ordinary side. We have spent hundreds of milions of pounds and guys......the worst thing is....this team is NOT as good as last seasons......admitedly players are out but i'm not confident in the slightest Mancini can rectify it in the second half........remains to be seen but i fear a loss by more than 1 goal. Blackburn are confident....they are a team [shite and too physical] but they ARE a team.....we are a bunch of strangers..............this isn't the first game its 5 weeks into the season....where's the cohesion? interp;lay between defence-midfield and attack? These are the basics and sadly they are simply not there..........

Attack me if you like.,,,,i say as i see.....yes i'm a not a fan of Mancini at all - never have been - but i'll always hope.....yet my fears for his style of play are starkingly laid before me as I watch and it's not condusive to winning football......it's dire to be honest................

Ragnarok said:
bluemoon32 said:
Why, that would completely demoralise a young keeper

Its all about the results mate , we cant risk anything at this stage given the huge pressure upon Mancini and the team to win something this season.Maybe Hart is better than Given in some areas..but Given is a hugely experienced keeper and i cant see him making a mistake like Hart did.

It was Toure's fault! Did you see the Tottenham game where Hart got us a point? Or were you waiting for the Rags to play Newcastle on the Monday? Stick by him, Hart has a tremendous character and this won't bother him in the slightest he will get back out there and perform superbly as usual.

Goaters said:
4-4-2 for me second half, get SWP and Vieira off who aren't needed. Not sure why England were confident playing a 4 man midfield in Switzerland but we have to add another midfielder to the mix at home to Blackburn.

That's how all great attacking teams play.

Chippy_boy said:
Plenty of time left, but agreed we need to change it. 45 minutes of more of the same = nil points.

Blackburn have no quality anywhere on the park. So we do not need 5 in midfield, or four at the back for that matter. We need to get 2 up front and pronto.

I had thought we should get Jo on but he comes too deep looking for the ball, as does Tevez. So it has to be RSC on for Vieira. Vieira will be sent off 2nd half anyway if we dint sub him.

Managers always start slow in games. Why not go out on the attack.. So affraid they are

I've just scared myself, i 'm thinking that RSC might be our saviour today.................nurse !!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.