Official MatchDay Thread | Manchester City v Blackburn

simon23 said:
K.Reeves right foot said:
Right guys, watching in my sick bed on me laptop hence not at the game and here's my thoughts.

I've just watched 45 minutes of abject, clueless football. This is my opinion as I see it. An opposition manager must love our style of play which is slow, one paced and always infront of the opposition defence. Too easy to defend against for even the lesser teams. No thrust from midfield, no pace down the flanks except Johnson twice. Tevez is far too deep and playing like a headless chicken trying to do everything and ends up doing nothing. No striker [a striker being a player in the area]....
What depresses me is that we are at home, against an ordinary side. We have spent hundreds of milions of pounds and guys......the worst thing is....this team is NOT as good as last seasons......admitedly players are out but i'm not confident in the slightest Mancini can rectify it in the second half........remains to be seen but i fear a loss by more than 1 goal. Blackburn are confident....they are a team [shite and too physical] but they ARE a team.....we are a bunch of strangers..............this isn't the first game its 5 weeks into the season....where's the cohesion? interp;lay between defence-midfield and attack? These are the basics and sadly they are simply not there..........

Attack me if you like.,,,,i say as i see.....yes i'm a not a fan of Mancini at all - never have been - but i'll always hope.....yet my fears for his style of play are starkingly laid before me as I watch and it's not condusive to winning football......it's dire to be honest................

you will get slated for that but i for one agree with you

Not by me he won't!

hart completely at fault for the goal but we are playing poorly

wrong tactics again by RM

I think Roque would be an excellent reference point in a central forward position. He's tall, a decent header of the ball, and he's very good at laying short passes for Tevez to run into.

I think Tevez is much more suited for this kind of play, where a target man holds up the ball for him as he makes supporting runs.

I would take SWP off, put Milner out wide on the left, AJ wide right. As Blackburn will most likely not offer much going forward, I think Viera and Toure should be able to cancel them out in the middle of the pitch.

ffs it happened, doesn't matter who's fault it is .. we got 2nd half still

Everybody can make a mistake.. Forget about it. Attackers also at fault for not scoring. Let's get behind the team

Only hart and Kompany would get in a top 6 side defence. At the moment our defence is looking the worst we've had for some time. Even Kompany looks a little nervous but thats because of the poor players either side of him.

simon23 said:
K.Reeves right foot said:
Right guys, watching in my sick bed on me laptop hence not at the game and here's my thoughts.

I've just watched 45 minutes of abject, clueless football. This is my opinion as I see it. An opposition manager must love our style of play which is slow, one paced and always infront of the opposition defence. Too easy to defend against for even the lesser teams. No thrust from midfield, no pace down the flanks except Johnson twice. Tevez is far too deep and playing like a headless chicken trying to do everything and ends up doing nothing. No striker [a striker being a player in the area]....
What depresses me is that we are at home, against an ordinary side. We have spent hundreds of milions of pounds and guys......the worst thing is....this team is NOT as good as last seasons......admitedly players are out but i'm not confident in the slightest Mancini can rectify it in the second half........remains to be seen but i fear a loss by more than 1 goal. Blackburn are confident....they are a team [shite and too physical] but they ARE a team.....we are a bunch of strangers..............this isn't the first game its 5 weeks into the season....where's the cohesion? interp;lay between defence-midfield and attack? These are the basics and sadly they are simply not there..........

Attack me if you like.,,,,i say as i see.....yes i'm a not a fan of Mancini at all - never have been - but i'll always hope.....yet my fears for his style of play are starkingly laid before me as I watch and it's not condusive to winning football......it's dire to be honest................

you will get slated for that but i for one agree with you

I am sure I will because to some people it is not acceptable to criticise our team...yet.....expectations are higher now.....we have the players, the ownwers have given us hope for better....yet it seems to be getting worse.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.