Official Porstmouth v City thread.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Weiss? Why the fuck would anyone throw a kid into that when we've got plenty of good attacking options? Idiots

Thats what i was thinking. Leave it as it is for the time being and keep the ball on the floor and pass it about and i'm confident we'll win this gamr

We have to keep it on the floor it's the only way we can play. Stupid keep booting it up

Deffo, all these people saying bring on Weiss etc- Do you not realise that unless we have the ball players like Weiss, Elano, Robbie won't do anything. Lets keep it on the floor rather than hoofing it and we'll win this

Bellamy's up for it, there's just not much he can do with long balls against Distin and Campbell.

GoForGlory said:
Ntini77 said:
cardno1983 said:
Whats with the Elano bashing? Picked the wrong option a couple of times but he's by no means the worst out there. The whole team need to seriously up the tempo and stop those fecking useless long balls

He's the 2nd worse out there after his fellow Brazilian

I love Elano to death but he's really not having a good match, his passing is way off and he doesn't seem focused. I'd keep him on for 20-25 minutes though, he might well grow in to it.

No point in having a go at individuals......they`re allplaying shite!

Feed-The-Goat said:
our midgets have no chance against their back 2. i say bring on big phil and out muscle them. he can take 1 of them outta the game whereas bellamy has no fookin chance. we need some height and strength up there!!!

I wouldn't take Bellamy off though, he doesn't have the height but he's looked among the most likely to produce something.

Looking at the bench, the options are not fantastic.

Those on the pitch need to get hold of the ball and play at a tempo.
If the training is that good, fitnesss levels in the second half should see us hold ball a bit more. (more hopeful than owt else)

GoForGlory said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
our midgets have no chance against their back 2. i say bring on big phil and out muscle them. he can take 1 of them outta the game whereas bellamy has no fookin chance. we need some height and strength up there!!!

I wouldn't take Bellamy off though, he doesn't have the height but he's looked among the most likely to produce something.

yes defo keep him on but we need phil on...he can take one of them out and bellamy uses his pace with the other. he doesnt stand a chance with both of them, distin has alot of pace aswell

If i was Hughes, which of course I'm not I would move zab to right back. Switch to a narrow 4-4-2 and put Big Phil up front with the instruction to sit on the CB shoulder and push them back.

Tell Bridge to stay back for at least the first 10 minutes and Robbie to keep narrow. That draws their right back forward and Belamy should run inside out towards the right back. De jong not to push too far forward but Ireland look to move forwards into the space made by Bellamys runs. Elano looks fine on the right (better than steve did) but he should stay wide to keep the left back interested. This does make a hole behind steve but with Zab at rb Komp right side CB and Nige not pushing up there is cover.

Play the ball close to the ground!!! Pass short. And slow down in possession.

On a separate note can the Elano haters please keep it to themselves. He had a better first half than steve in my view but I'm not on here slagging Ireland off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.