Official Stoke City v Manchester City thread

BlueLonghorn said:
somervillain said:
BlueLonghorn said:
City sure know how to ruin a day...fuck me

Just be glad they only ruined half of your day. It's only 9:50am here, so my wife has to deal with me being in a foul mood for the next 15 hours.

I'm in USA Central time, only 9 am here...gonna be pissy at work all day.

Only 7am here, and I've still got a few hours work to look forward to.

NSBFL said:
tbh, after we went 1 down at the end of the 1st and with them down to 10 men, we knew they's "park the bus" in front of goal. We really struggled to unlock them... weren't clever enough. I think it was a mistake to take Zab off, he has bite and a determination to get that 50/50 ball that others don't have.
I thought Micah should have been replaced instead of Zab,Zab is much better going forward than the clumsy Micah, did not understand that decision when Stoke were down to 10 men and we needed to be more positive.

Today was just one of those games. Stoke to their credit defended well and gave us no room to do fuck all. Yes SWP, Robinho & Bridge were shite. I can't blame Hughes for that result. Could we have done better? Yes of course we could but I've seen enough there to make me think that from now til May we will have enough to make top 7/8.

FUCKING STOKE ARE PATHETIC fucking joke how they play just defend all game no team can break down a box full of men without luck. Hope they go down because that was shite. Even utd struggled like fuck there so before you go on at hughes have a go at the backwards negative pricks.

dazz46 said:
hart 5 (never anticipates mistakes)
richards 5 (very poor at rb)
kompany 6 (passing poor tackling excellent)
onuoha 7 (gave 100% won most headers and tackles)
bridge 5 (poor defending and passing)
swp 4 (terrible no effort)
de jong 6 (solid)
zabaletta 7 (excellent comitment)
robinho 5 (poor didnt look interested cant shoot)
ireland 5 (poor passing and shooting)
bellamy 7 (gave 100% as allways came closest)

caciedo 5 (gave nothing when coming on)
elano 7 (best passer on the pitch should be starting against lesser teams)

hughes 4 (tactically very poor to many long balls did not need 2 holding midfielders today and when they went down to ten men should have gone with 3 at the back)

Actually not going to complain about those rating - only I do not feel that Hughes deserves a 4 bacause, he played the team that I would have played. Brought on Elano with plenty of time BUT I think he shpuld have had SWP off for anyone.

If we had a player that could actually head the ball we could have won easily. RSC would have made the difference today. Bellamy looked great, bags of effort, wasn't too impressed with shaun today though to be fair.
Stoke defended well, credit where its due but we should have took the 3 points today.

lionheart said:
SWP had a stinker and has not played well for ages

Thats exactly what I have been saying for weeks now. His first few games back he did the business, but it seems that he is an "untouchable" and howewever bad he plays he knows he will be in the team. A dropping for SWP may give him a kick up the backside and get him back on track.

I really fancied us to break our pathetic away run today, in fact I tipped us for a comfortable 3-0 win, so I am embarrased by what I saw today. You cant blame MH for well paid proffessionals being unable to hit the target or conceding the usual soft goal. Does anybody think that Beattie would have had a free header against Michael Ball?

Now I know it's s city a fans right to moan but let's not go over the top. We're all pissed off we lost but there is not much more we could've done on the day. As said before, poor performance, let's win the next game. Enough of this Hughes out shiite and let's get behind OUR team. Up the blues.

JULES said:
ducado are you here, we need a moaners league setting up please, lets say 3 pionts for a " load of shit", 2 for a "pile of wank and 1 for a "never watching that shit again"

What does "another shit sandwich" get?

stumpy_mcfc said:
dazz46 said:
hart 5 (never anticipates mistakes)
richards 5 (very poor at rb)
kompany 6 (passing poor tackling excellent)
onuoha 7 (gave 100% won most headers and tackles)
bridge 5 (poor defending and passing)
swp 4 (terrible no effort)
de jong 6 (solid)
zabaletta 7 (excellent comitment)
robinho 5 (poor didnt look interested cant shoot)
ireland 5 (poor passing and shooting)
bellamy 7 (gave 100% as allways came closest)

caciedo 5 (gave nothing when coming on)
elano 7 (best passer on the pitch should be starting against lesser teams)

hughes 4 (tactically very poor to many long balls did not need 2 holding midfielders today and when they went down to ten men should have gone with 3 at the back)

Actually not going to complain about those rating - only I do not feel that Hughes deserves a 4 bacause, he played the team that I would have played. Brought on Elano with plenty of time BUT I think he shpuld have had SWP off for anyone.
we don't have the squad at the moment to be able to change that much . big strong front man needed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.