Official Stoke City v Manchester City thread

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/jan/31/paul-doyle-stoke-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... ester-city</a>

THIS with knobs on

dazz46 said:
hart 5 (never anticipates mistakes)
richards 5 (very poor at rb)
kompany 6 (passing poor tackling excellent)
onuoha 7 (gave 100% won most headers and tackles)
bridge 5 (poor defending and passing)
swp 4 (terrible no effort)
de jong 6 (solid)
zabaletta 7 (excellent comitment)
robinho 5 (poor didnt look interested cant shoot)
ireland 5 (poor passing and shooting)
bellamy 7 (gave 100% as allways came closest)

caciedo 5 (gave nothing when coming on)
elano 7 (best passer on the pitch should be starting against lesser teams)

hughes 4 (tactically very poor to many long balls did not need 2 holding midfielders today and when they went down to ten men should have gone with 3 at the back)

Hart 5? are you joking thought he was superb before the sending off handeled everything stoke threw at us and distribution was good had nothing else do would give him a 7

Zab 7? are you joking he couldnt pass the ball to a blue shirt in the first 45 was terrible as was de jong in the first 45 wouldnt disagree with the rest tho

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/jan/31/paul-doyle-stoke-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... ester-city</a>

THIS with knobs on

dazz46 said:
de jong 6 (solid)

hughes 4 (tactically very poor to many long balls did not need 2 holding midfielders today and when they went down to ten men should have gone with 3 at the back)

Hart 5? are you joking thought he was superb before the sending off handeled everything stoke threw at us and distribution was good had nothing else do would give him a 7

Zab 7? are you joking he couldnt pass the ball to a blue shirt in the first 45 was terrible as was de jong in the first 45 wouldnt disagree with the rest tho

maine man said:
stumpy_mcfc said:
dazz46 said:
de jong 6 (solid)

Actually not going to complain about those rating - only I do not feel that Hughes deserves a 4 bacause, he played the team that I would have played. Brought on Elano with plenty of time BUT I think he shpuld have had SWP off for anyone.
we don't have the squad at the moment to be able to change that much . big strong front man needed
Jo is smaller than Elano and Caicedo?

holy shit

you can hardly blame mark hughes for that performance, placing the blame on 12 of the 13 players that took part on the pitch today seems more to suit.

after today i could actually see more benefit in us going down to the championship. of our whole starting team, plus the regular bench we have the one and only zabaleta who actually plays for the shirt. going through each and every one here, we have a young, inexperienced keeper, an incoherent, ignorant back four with no permanent right back. we have an arrogant, indecisive midfield with no true left wing and we have short, never present strikers who are constantly fed bullshit crosses from the aforementioned ignorant back 4 (2 rather) and arrogant midfield.

what i think we would gain from going down would be:

1. the desire to fight for your win to earn a position in the top flight (not just expect to win based on good ball control)
2. defensive knowledge: the simple things get the job done, to feed the ball along the ground to a short team/provide air balls to a taller, more commanding team.
3. midfield knowledge: keep the ball and work it around with strong passes (fancy/soft football is nice but not necessary), not using crosses as your main attacking play when you have a team of ball players rather than taller players with physical presence.

furthermore:

robinho is not a left wing midfielder, he is to be played as a centre forward or as 1 of 2 strikers who uses his talent to either work his way around a defence and score himself or feed to ball to the second, tall, physical striker. robinho's presence at the club is what has brought the arrogance upon our attack, i believe without fault, he has led our attackers to believe they should be playing similar football to him, whether they can or can not do so and this creates a lack of understanding and a whole attacking part of a team to play with no where near the potential they could.

micah/ned are too young to be where they are at present. yes they are both fantastic footballers with alot of potential, and they should be given a shot. but i believe at the moment they aren't first team material, they lack the experience necessary and should be playing either off the bench as deputies to more experienced, permanently placed defenders or in the starting team against weaker sides.

i believe our team should be as follows (including recoveries), as i think it has the defensive strength to contend the top 4/6 and the attacking quality to score from free play or set pieces:

------------Given------------
Zaba---Vince----New---Bridge
-----------De Jong-----------
SWP-------------------Petrov
------------Elano-------------
--------RSC------Rob---------

Bench:
Hart (for Given)
Richards (for Zaba)
Ned (for either)
Garrido (for Bridge)
Ireland (for Elano)
Sturridge (for RSC)
Bellamy (for Rob)
The Boj (for either)

sorry for the essay lads, needed to vent a bit after all that >.<

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.