Official Summer 2014 Transfer Update Thread

FantasyIreland said:
Retro_Wolf said:
Still don't understand why we're after Mangala, I thought we'd be done after he said he prefers both Chelsea and United to City

Have you got those quotes? ta

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do

'‘City or Chelsea? Chelsea because it is London.

It is true that I love the Premier League because it is a spectacular championship. In January, there were discussions with City, but it fell through because the two clubs could not reach an agreement. Every player wants to play in the biggest clubs. I am an ambitious player and the team that can help me win titles is the one that interests me''

~Eliaquim Mangala to BeIn Sports

Retro_Wolf said:
FantasyIreland said:
Retro_Wolf said:
Still don't understand why we're after Mangala, I thought we'd be done after he said he prefers both Chelsea and United to City

It is true that I love the Premier League because it is a spectacular championship. In January, there were discussions with City, but it fell through because the two clubs could not reach an agreement. Every player wants to play in the biggest clubs. I am an ambitious player and the team that can help me win titles is the one that interests me''

Could you post the United bit as well please?

Tbilisi said:
I really hope we dont sign Mangala,it would be a disaster.

Does not appear to want to play for us plus & whenever I have watched him he has been shite, I presume he is being kept out of the French team by Sakho?

This

Really does sound like trouble and is shite when I have seen him .

spanishblue said:
Tbilisi said:

Does not appear to want to play for us plus & whenever I have watched him he has been shite, I presume he is being kept out of the French team by Sakho?

This

Man City scouts disagrees

MeatHunterrr said:
spanishblue said:
Tbilisi said:

This

Man City scouts disagrees

Some on Bluemoon have no reason to trust our scouts after signing the only twice capped Fernandinho (or Flopinho as some called him when he didn't have a five star debut) for £30m when they could have had the younger and cheaper Brazil regular Paulinho for £16m.

(If you can't tell I'm being sarcastic)

If the scouts are certain Mangala is the one, then let's give them the faith they have earned with recent buys. Same goes for Benatia, although he seems to be our #2 pick. Hey, Mangala may flop, the risk is always there, but our signings have been pretty spot on lately.

This is a snippet from the Indy about a month ago that may be relevant to this discussion:

BpUZxM4IIAQpqrZ.jpg:large

It's important to note that Porto were a DISASTER for most of last season under their new coach and it wasn't just Mangala who performed badly. Players like Jackson Martinez were said to not have been as good as recent seasons. And apparently Mangala's form started to turn once they replaced that coach.

citykev28 said:
Retro_Wolf said:
FantasyIreland said:

I would like to see them as well please Retro_Wolf.

ColinLee said:
citykev28 said:
Retro_Wolf said:

I would like to see them as well please Retro_Wolf.

pmsl mangala wants to go to anyone in the prem who helps him win titles where did the rags finish?

This is what I would like to happen, if we are to let toure go of course.
Buy Mangala/ Benatia, Alexis sanchez, pogba/matuidi/Vidal.
Use toure in swap for Alexis Sanchez.
Sell negredo to athletico.

Probably unrealistic but I think it would be ideal, can see us playing a 433 next year, 2 holding silva in front and one striker up top.

Hello I'm a french guy and i'm new on this forum. I support Manchester City since long time and I can tell you that Mangala is a very great player specially in the physical fight. To my mind I think that could be a good transfer for the team. With Kompany it will be a really great defense and complementary.
ps : Sorry for my english I try to improve

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.