Official Sunderland v Man City Thread

Well guys.feel like someone has died???????? I do...........

My thoughts..........
First half we played it well and should have been 2-0 up at HT......although the worrying thing all the way through [and the prevoius games] was a lack of an out and out striker to lead the line and hold the ball up for players like Tevez, Silva, YaYa to play off.........
Second half this came to be our undoing.....as no focal and point and Tevez running around like a madman and generally losing posession meant we kept losing the ball.....Sunderland gained confidence and we were on the back foot.....

Our buying policy in summer focused on defence/midfield....and we really do need a front man.........maybe Balotelli is the answer? Not sure though......I'm suprised we didn't sign that striker through the middle all teams need.......Sunderland have it albeit lesser quality in Bent...........
Adebayor for me should be sold...no heart no fight and isn't interested......JO is a complete waste of time and as someone else eluded to.....Bellamy leaving is a huge loss without a replacement up front with pace.....we can never play a long ball through the defence as we have no pace and usually no player able to run beyond the last line of defence....................

Finally with this rant.............as I stated a few weeks back and many agreed.....Johnson is vastly overated and seems to be the darling of the media because he's English and the WC was so crap....yet at the highest level he is quite poor....never makes things happen......Silva needs to bedded in quick....why buy him and not play him? Thoise that say he's too lightweight are wrong.......most tricky play makers are built slight yet teir brains allow them room and space to create not muscle....get him in the team for Blackburn and let him weave his magic.....

Pity no game next weekend to get this out of the system but hopefully Balotelli and Boeteng will be fit for Blackburn............

All in all....promising first half......poor second half and changes needed to be made earlier which is worrying for a manager of Mancini's experience why he didn't do it......

As someone said.....40 mill for Dzeko and stick ade in the reserves as punishment for being a tw*t.....it could be the difference between winning andlosing tight away games like this one.......

AND I'M SEVERELY FUC*ED OFF..............

If we want the premiership title or to finish in the top four we have to beat teams like this. We went to a team who have not beaten us in 70 years and lose due to a stupid challenge in the 93rd minute. Micah, I hope Mancini gives you a right bollocking for that. You cost the team dear today.

We gotta get our first choice full backs fit. I actually think it was a mistake taking Lescott off. He was doing a decent job defensive wise. If we had taken Richards off and stuck barry in his place we would have had a point from that game.

If it means we dont play Richards again it might be worth droping that point he is fucking gash.

Really bad way to go into the international break this.

Just hope we win pretty much all of our home games, because that second half was total shite. Sunderland were the epitome of mediocre, but we never looked like beating them. One shot on target from Ade, and that was it. Midfield was bypased by long balls. Seen better football in the conference. Not looking forward to Stoke, Bolton, Newcastle and many others based on that!

On that performance we are a long way off the top three and we have to bounce back and pick up three points against Blackburn.

We looked tired and lethargic in the second half and gave them little to do in the back third.

The pressure is already on the players and RM to produce results.

A poor day for the club no doubt and I hope this performance is the exception rather than the rule away from home.

Project said:
alera said:
Cant drop points in games like this if you want to play in the champions league, end of story.

You mean like how Spurs dropped points there last season?

Who cares about last season? We have spent a few billions on players this season, total different story.

We gotta get our first choice full backs fit. I actually think it was a mistake taking Lescott off. He was doing a decent job defensive wise. If we had taken Richards off and stuck barry in his place we would have had a point from that game.

If it means we dont play Richards again it might be worth droping that point he is fucking gash.

Really bad way to go into the international break this.

MCFC Hud said:
Just got in to check the score. Typical city, really dissapointed but its not the end of the world like some on here are making out.

Did Balotelli play any part?

No. Not on subs bench either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.