Official Sunderland v Man City Thread

my 2p worth:

I think the 4-5-1 system in most games we will boss possesion but it relies that chances are converted when created as not a great number of chances will be created.

When I was at the Liverpool match on monday we had 3 shots on target and 3 goals. 1 a penalty and 1 froma set piece. At the time although we completely dominated the game, I did think that the score glossed over how creative we actually were.

The few chances today were not converted and as such show the fine line between win and draw (and lose in this case) with the 4-5-1.

I stand by Mancini and will support him until the end as 1 game is not a fair measure.

alera said:
We gotta get our first choice full backs fit. I actually think it was a mistake taking Lescott off. He was doing a decent job defensive wise. If we had taken Richards off and stuck barry in his place we would have had a point from that game.

If it means we dont play Richards again it might be worth droping that point he is fucking gash.

Really bad way to go into the international break this.
your make great point there 1 we need our two new full backs back as soon as possible. Lescott being took of and putting Barry there was a mistake, Hopefully Mancini will learn something from this and don't do it again.

We have the most negative 3 man midfield possible.

Why oh why we couln't have gone Yaya, Barry, Milner or Milner, Yaya, Silva is beyond me.

And don't tell we would have been dominated in midifield. Either of those 3 can keep the ball brilliantly.

Xyplode said:
disco dawson said:
didn't look defensive when he slipped past and sprinted round their defense for great assist. Think Barca put him behind those 2 promising midfielders as they may have the edge but he appears to be very capable of attacking, in fact looked one of our best dribblers today

Irrelevant :\ You said he wasnt a DM when he clearly is....

im right - YOU KNOW IM RIGHT!
Did you see him play against Liverpool? He wasn't playing defensive midfield then. On another point I wish City fans would stop rubbishing Richards - he scored the key 2nd goal against Liverpool, or played a very key part in it. Just because he's one of the old players it seems some City fans have to have a go at him at every opportunity. When players make a mistake supporters should get behind them. I thought he was slowly returning back to his best after losing some confidence

mike channon´s windmill said:
Project said:
You mean like how Spurs dropped points there last season?

Spuds had a few out that day if my memory serves me right - we had a squad worth 300 fookin million and we played like twats 2nd half
We´ll fookin see but I have grave reservations after that -not good enough for where we need to be - Sheikhy must be thinking WTF after that and seeing them last Mon
He´d better get fookin used to it sadly - I hope he´s a patient man
Spurs have a squad that costs over £200m and we were without both first choice fullbacks and Balotelli.

It's simply ridiculous to draw conclusions for the season from one game. A game in which Joe had nothing to do until he picked the ball out of the net in the 93rd minute, and Tevez missed a completely open net.

Xyplode said:
disco dawson said:
didn't look defensive when he slipped past and sprinted round their defense for great assist. Think Barca put him behind those 2 promising midfielders as they may have the edge but he appears to be very capable of attacking, in fact looked one of our best dribblers today

Irrelevant :\ You said he wasnt a DM when he clearly is....

im right - YOU KNOW IM RIGHT!
Do you even watch the game? He is whatever the manager plays him as. And for us his been a forward playing midfielder. Watch him play.

bigcol said:
Disappointed - Yes
Frustrated - Yes
Despondent - No

Still early days, no excuses we were poor in the second half with the amount of bad passes. Tevez thought he had scored before he missed the sitter and Ades shot was a superb save. I hope this hurts them and they remember this game for the rest of the season as a motivator to where we are heading...to the top.
I totally agree. Site must be full of new blues if they counted on winning a game with City, we vets all know the format. Don't count on anything or expect to much or you may be very disappointed and that leads to depression! Was better than that York game at Xmas, and look where they are now. We are improving the squad, it takes time. If you are impatient and expect to win all the time you should probably be a Rag.

If you think Spurs had a smooth ride last season then you would be mistaken. They had a collection of bad results against sides who were scrapping for survival. As a club we need a lot more resolve.

Sabster said:
We have the most negative 3 man midfield possible.

Why oh why we couln't have gone Yaya, Barry, Milner or Milner, Yaya, Silva is beyond me.

And don't tell we would have been dominated in midifield. Either of those 3 can keep the ball brilliantly.
Yet at half time we had played really well, and the only thing missing was Tevez's goal.

You are missing the obvious point - you punish teams when you are on top, and that's what we failed to do. If we'd have scored in the 1st half, the 2nd would have been a different story

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.