Official Villa post match reaction thread. {merged - trial}

cleavers said:
Marvin said:
Dzeko's presence has disrupted our attacking play, but in the long run we will benefit from this game

I can't see how you think that, he was good today, unlike his partner, it was Villa's defence that disrupted our attacking play, well Silva's part in it, they didn't allow any creative space for him, so we made 100's (it seemed) of pointless passes, with little penetration, and not enough pace. Johnson took the wrong option every time he got past their defender, either cutting to try to shoot, or get behind them and turn back to cross, he's really not a very bright footballer for me.

There were a few bright spots, but ultimately not enough to break down a well drilled defence, the irony is, it was our 4-0 win that turned Villa round enough to win tonight, they got lucky with their goal, and then saw out the game with solid, and sometimes lucky defending (the De Jong shot hitting the post after a slight deflection, it was bound for the goal and Friedel was rooted).

and i cannot see how you can say that, you stated we seemed to play 100's of pointless passes, and then call johnson a not very bright footballer.

the real pressure coincided with the introduction of johnson, and the ability to beat a man, as opposed to the 100's of passes in front of their defence.

clark didnt know which way to turn, and maybe he never quite delivered that final pass, but i would put that down to the sheer grit of the villa defence, the amount of defenders in the way and luck.

to say johnson isn't bright is insulting to a player who can go either way, score goals from wide positions, and do the most crucial thing in football, beat a man.

and for someone not very bright, watch his run for the third goal v leicester across the defence and perfectly timed to go clean through.

he isn't the finished product, but he is a joy to watch on form, a throw back to proper wing play, and he will become key to city's success in the long term, even if he has to be patient for the time being.

i enjoyed the game, the effort from city, and credit to villa, one of those days, where we paid the price for a sloppy goal.

The squad would benefit from the addition of another winger.We appear unbalanced and,like yesterday,very one dimensional in attack.

We obviously have Johnno,and its obvious how much more effective and direct we become when he's on the field,however,we need another to compliment him,one with even greater pace,on the opposing wing,preferably.
We need a Bale/Lennon/Nani/Walcott/Young/Nasri type player.

Got to give credit to Villa. They were dogged. We still should have scored but they can rightly be proud of performances like that and they'll soon be out of trouble if they keep it up.

As for ourselves, rebuilding time again. The side has changed umpteen times already this season and it shows. Hate to use clichés but we're still not on the same wavelength. I have faith it'll come, and we got flashes of it, but whether it's in time to rescue our title ambitions, I don't know - probably not I'm afraid.

FantasyIreland said:
The squad would benefit from the addition of another winger.We appear unbalanced and,like yesterday,very one dimensional in attack.

We obviously have Johnno,and its obvious how much more effective and direct we become when he's on the field,however,we need another to compliment him,one with even greater pace,on the opposing wing,preferably.
We need a Bale/Lennon/Nani/Walcott/Young/Nasri type player.
Elia.

We abolutely battered them second half - hit the post they got lucky with deflections - we deserved agola at least- no reason to moan at all - ok we lost big deal move on

We already have a winger and thats Johnson, imo he can be one of the best wingers in the EPL if he knows whens the right time to cross and when you shouldn't dribble.. Like i said, he dribbles at the wong times, yesterday there were about 20 times where he should of crossed as soon as the pass was coming in since you can see Dzeko was ahead of his defenders, but he decided to dribble and the opportunity was wasted.. Keep Johnson and bring in a CB

ManCityBlues said:
We already have a winger and thats Johnson, imo he can be one of the best wingers in the EPL if he knows whens the right time to cross and when you shouldn't dribble.. Like i said, he dribbles at the wong times, yesterday there were about 20 times where he should of crossed as soon as the pass was coming in since you can see Dzeko was ahead of his defenders, but he decided to dribble and the opportunity was wasted.. Keep Johnson and bring in a CB

Two wings and only one winger......

FantasyIreland said:
ManCityBlues said:

Two wings and only one winger......

how many wingers barcelona and real madrid have ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.