Official Wigan vs CITY Thread

somervillain said:
Disappointing performance. Disappointing result.

And before anyone blames fatigue from internationals, Wigan had guys like Rodallega, Figueroa, and Thomas playing twice for their countries a hemisphere away and still managed to look sharp.

After that fast start, you can definitely say City's momentum is gone. Luckily, Liverpool look like they'll drop out of the top four on their own, and Spurs are a sixth-place club, so City could finish in a UCL spot in spite of themselves.

u sure u watched right match. City did well today, another game they would have lost before this season. Battling qualities are there for all too see. Team is still gelling and we are 5th with a game in hand to go 3rd. Tevez, NDJ, Bazza, Lescott, SWP, Zab (b4 sending off!) & Given all played v well, just watching City nowadays you know no team will beat us with ease like some used to over the yrs. Still feel we have best squad in lge, 4th is a realistic target at very least. Lpool are self imploding, Spurs are only good against bottom 6 teams, Arsenal havent got the squad, so we have a great chance.

Overall today, good, solid for most of the match, very determined away performance. Alot of teams will lose at Wig, like Chelsea.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
Tevez is a striker. He's paid to score goals. I dont care what else he does, running around aimlessly doesnt achieve anything.

he played some terrific passes, good positioning, good effort from outside box, hes a quality player.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
Tevez is a striker.

I guess but he's playing in a deeper role, more of a link between the midfield and the main striker.

He's paid to score goals.

That's wrong.

I dont care what else he does,

Reflects worse on you than him really. I guess you didn't care when he won the ball from Foster in the derby?

running around aimlessly doesnt achieve anything.

He doesn't, but putting the opposition under pressure and rushing them does achieve things, at least 3 times he made the Wigan goal keeper launch the ball down the pitch, rather than pass it out, which is the kind of play that Martinez is trying to create at Wigan - building from the back.

Only fools with no eyes can blast Tevez today. He was very good, some fantastic passes, especially the pass which put Ade through on goal only for Bramble to make a last second tackle.

Not sure what to make of today. Would have been dissapointed with a point at the start of the day, but seeing how the game went and with the sending off, I think we should be happy with the result. The peformance wasnt great by all means, still think we look very dodgy at the back and central midfield. We need to see more players breaking from there IMO. Thourght Vincent looked very good when he came on. My team for Fulham :

------------------------GIVEN-------------------------

--RICHARDS----TOURE------KOMPANY-----BRIDGE------

----------------DE JONG------BARRY-------------------

---------------------IRELAND--------------------------

---SWP-----------------------------------BELLAMY----

----------------------ADEBAYOR---------------------

Richard said:
Not sure what to make of today. Would have been dissapointed with a point at the start of the day, but seeing how the game went and with the sending off, I think we should be happy with the result. The peformance wasnt great by all means, still think we look very dodgy at the back and central midfield. We need to see more players breaking from there IMO. Thourght Vincent looked very good when he came on. My team for Fulham :

------------------------GIVEN-------------------------

--RICHARDS----TOURE------KOMPANY-----BRIDGE------

----------------DE JONG------BARRY-------------------

---------------------IRELAND--------------------------

---SWP-----------------------------------BELLAMY----

----------------------ADEBAYOR---------------------

see the same team, but Lescott will start in front of Vince.

I'd like to say we played well, but I can't. Still, we didn't get beat, came back from a goal behind, played for a third of the match with 10 men, had our best defender and best attacker out through injury, got Kompany back on the pitch, and we are fifth with a game in hand, which if won, would take us third.

What's it going to be like when we play well?

Most disappointing aspect for me was that we didn't even have a single attempt on goal in the first 45 minutes.
Unacceptable.
happy with a point though, given how the game developed

Positives - Got a draw whe we were totally outplayed and with 10 men. Still up there with game in hand

Thought Lescott had a very good game

Negatives - although we are getting results we are letting average teams dominate us for long spells. today was an oppurtunity to stamp ourselves on the league and some of the players just weren't up to the job

Zabalets has done the same thing again - good professionals learn from their mistakes.

We need to be able to hold the ball better in midfield - to many long hopeless balls expecting Ady to do the business.

Hughes doesn't seem to have the bottle to drop Teves - who is playing very average.

Still it seems the othertop four aren't great either so we keep going.

Gutted, just read that drawing with Wigan means we can't finish top 4.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the season now, relegation dogfight between us and Chelsea. Come on City!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.