Official Wigan vs CITY Thread

It's Zabba's fault we didn't come away with more. Simple as. He had no reason to make that tackle he did, granted the first YC was (very) harsh, but, he knew he was on a YC when he made the tackle, had absolutely no reason to do so, and subsequently put us on the back foot when we had the upper hand.

That aside, I thought we did well to come away with a hard earnt point.

Loads of positives out of that game .Barry was superb, he was everywhere Teves was a Trojan, when Zabeleta walked. SWR gave us a hope we would score even with 10 men. Nigel de jong was immense and pivotal in defence. Lescott held his own. Bridges solid. Richards did a job. Petrov was a nuisance to them with his teasing crosses They never really troubled Given even when we lost a man. Obviously wanted 3 points but the way the game evolved in the sense of losing a man, I’m well satisfied with that performance. Considering also they took all 3 points off Chelsea a few week ago there. My only negative was zabeleta let the side down with his indiscipline.Worthy point.

Not Happy with that today...

a) Alan Wiley was very poor. Blew for everything except for our penalty which we should have got. Also 3 wigan players should have been off if we apply his stance to Zabaleta.

b) We lacked creativity and presence in midfield and up front, the front 5 were too isolated from each other and there was no link between the two like Ireland because we played 4-4-2 for no reason when we're clearly better with 4-3-3.

c) Why did we pay £25m for Tevez?

d) Why did SWP get taken off when Petrov was absolutely knackered?

At least we got a point, but I'm dissappointed with the referee in particular and our lack of fluidity, we seem to still be struggling away from home, we don't seem to be as free and flowing in attack, I understand that we need to be tighter in defence but we can't stifle our attacking prowess away because we panic at the back when we can't create chances and keep the ball. A missed opportunity today which is dissappointing because our game in hand isn't exactly a banker against Everton, Spurs are still playing well, it's early days but those are games we need to win.

Somud said:
bluemoon32 said:
True but he is so far from being anything like fit that he shouldn't be getting in the first team squad.
This isn't just a case of a player who just needs the odd 10 mins to gain match fitness, he needs 50 or 60 minute run outs in the reserves. Playing him in the first team just leaves us short of a player at the moment as he offers nothing at all.
This isn't me having a go at RSC, i just think he's nowhere near fit enough for first team football at present

I can agree with you on that. It is not RSC fault though. This criticism should be directed to the staff.

Its not a case of having a go at the staff for me. I don't have any issues with bringing him on at the end of games and I'm sure he will come good but right now he isn't even jumping for headers when the goalkicks come his way.
Surely, like Ade when the ball comes over he should be taking the ball out of the air and then passing it but several times he didn't even move and then watched idley as the ball was passed around him.
Same thing happened at the end he Villa game.

If he is going to come on for 10 mins then he should make an effort.
I understand that his touch will be off but still.....he must at least make an attempt to involve himself.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
c) Why did we pay £25m for Tevez?

I thought Tevez was class, chased down everything. No goals, sure, but some quality attacking football nonetheless. I'd be questioning Ade and RSC before I questioned Tevez based on today's performances.

Overall it's a little disappointing, but let's keep things in perspective. Wigan played some good football and a point was a pretty fair result.

Happy with the point, thought we would have won but muh, Zab needs to learn to stay on his feet and stop with the rash tackles when he's on a yellow, lost us the game last year against the dippers just thankfull didn't cost us all 3 points this time.

Bridge a shaky game, yes he's been better this season so far but I still have my doubts about his defensive abilities, he should have had enough to hold of the attacker and clear for the goal and his distribution from defense was poor.

Lescott aswell decent enough game but still not living up to his true potential and hardly looking a £25 million pound defender but I have faith he'll settle and find his form.

Still if we can get 7 points from the next 3 games I'll be more than happy.

Disappointing performance. Disappointing result.

And before anyone blames fatigue from internationals, Wigan had guys like Rodallega, Figueroa, and Thomas playing twice for their countries a hemisphere away and still managed to look sharp.

After that fast start, you can definitely say City's momentum is gone. Luckily, Liverpool look like they'll drop out of the top four on their own, and Spurs are a sixth-place club, so City could finish in a UCL spot in spite of themselves.

We have decent players but need a man that will make them belive that they can achieve big things... MH is not then man for the job Guss Hiddink is the only man forthis team..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.