Offside judgement (Laporte v Wolves)

I’m not convinced that the camera angel can guarantee a correct decision as it’s position must be positioned at an angled and then the line drawing software must be able to draw along the exact same plane.

I would have thought that, in cases such as this, that an overhead camera that moves in a line from the centre of the goal would be far more accurate.

In any case it wasn’t a clear and obvious error.

That us handball! We are talking about offside. That is the thickest line I have ever seen and its not even straight

Yep for offide arm is not considered at all. It's not the same as handball(so people should not use their definition of offside is only when using parts of body that you can score).

fghfhg897989.png

This should be the correct line more or less. And remember a line has no actual size so even my line is thick. :) Their line is(apart from not being straight and starting way below the arm) super thick.

hkhk9089809.jpg

e718080f6515df8f33fbfe1f192961d3.jpg

Are you kidding?

You’re kidding right?

You do understand why the graphic matters to an offside call don’t you?

please tell me this is a Clarkie, I refuse to believe football fans are that ignorant of the laws of the game.

Well in fact he is right and you are wrong :)
Arm does not matter at all for offside rule. It's completely different and irrelevant with handball rule.
FIFA rules state that clearly.

I don’t remember a twenty page thread singing the praises of VAR when Cancelo’s excellent goal at West Brom was correctly reinstated after the assistant flagged for offside. Even in the game last night Jesus had his goal correctly reinstated thanks to VAR. Laporte was flagged offside so VAR cost us nothing.

Hahahaha purple line half way down his arm and not even straight, it's on a very slight angle. Brilliant fucking corruption from the VAR room again
A rough measurement with a rule (how ironic) about 4mm difference as it is on my screen. Ridiculous but expected

They shouldn't be allowed to use the lines at all. They should look with their eyes and if it's not immediately obvious, then the goal should stand. Or they should go with what the linesman decided. It's supposed to be for clear errors, not forensic investigation into every decision.
100%
The technology is not there to give millimetric judgements.
If you look level you’re onside.
Whatever happened to giving the attacker the benefit of the doubt??

Last edited:
I’m not convinced that the camera angel can guarantee a correct decision as it’s position must be positioned at an angled and then the line drawing software must be able to draw along the exact same plane.

I would have thought that, in cases such as this, that an overhead camera that moves in a line from the centre of the goal would be far more accurate.

In any case it wasn’t a clear and obvious error.
What do you mean by “it wasn’t a clear and obvious error”?

Clear and obvious errors aren’t part of var offside decisions.

From MCFC own video highlights:
1614763289439.png
At 2:48 on the video as the ball is kicked he is clearly onside.

1614763358886.png
At 2:49 on the video with the ball more than halfway to Laporte he may be a fraction offside.

So much room for doubt and obviously VAR bent their video so that it was some time after the ball had left the boot of Mahrez. Sorry PGMOL but your bent lot of officals got that decision completely wrong.

Yep for offide arm is not considered at all. It's not the same as handball(so people should not use their definition of offside is only when using parts of body that you can score).

View attachment 11660

This should be the correct line more or less. And remember a line has no actual size so even my line is thick. :) Their line is(apart from not being straight and starting way below the arm) super thick.

View attachment 11662
You’re reading old rules.

PL handbook for this season says it’s the t shirt line as you can now score with the top of your arm.

Your picture is bollocks as you’re drawing the line to the shoulder which is incorrect. Have you watched no football this season? This isn’t the first decision using the t shirt sleeve line. In fact it’s happened virtually every single week in other games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.