Offside judgement (Laporte v Wolves)

The ref gave it offside so it should stay as offside. The issue would be if he gave the goal and then it was ruled out by VAR using this line/still shot technology.
Not deemed clear enough an error to change....but let's consider it's a goal by some other team where the liner dosen't flag, VAR looks at it and THAT'S then deemed a goal as it's not a clear and obvious error.

The issue isn't just about VAR it's how we are officiated that's the problem.

From MCFC own video highlights:
View attachment 11664
At 2:48 on the video as the ball is kicked he is clearly onside.

View attachment 11665
At 2:49 on the video with the ball more than halfway to Laporte he may be a fraction offside.

So much room for doubt and obviously VAR bent their video so that it was some time after the ball had left the boot of Mahrez. Sorry PGMOL but your bent lot of officals got that decision completely wrong.
Whats the first image got to do with it? The offside is taken from when it flicks off bernies head isnt it?

Does it not matter that they froze the action after the ball left the head of Silva and not as it made contact with his head.

Wouldn't have thought it was a difficult process to get that right
A still image of the 'moment' the ball is supposedly played tells us nothing about when the ball was actually played without the preceding and following frames. The fact they don't show us the video frames as they roll through the footage means they are free to display whichever frame suits their narrative.

If they wanted to make a marginal decision appear onside, they can, and conversely they can make it look offside. This leaves them wide open to criticism and accusations of corruption. This could easily be solved by showing us the footage. The fact that they don't speaks volumes.

From MCFC own video highlights:
View attachment 11664
At 2:48 on the video as the ball is kicked he is clearly onside.

View attachment 11665
At 2:49 on the video with the ball more than halfway to Laporte he may be a fraction offside.

So much room for doubt and obviously VAR bent their video so that it was some time after the ball had left the boot of Mahrez. Sorry PGMOL but your bent lot of officals got that decision completely wrong.
You know Silva flicked it on don’t you?

Weird you’d go to the effort of making screen grabs and not realise Bernardo headed it.

Not deemed clear enough an error to change....but let's consider it's a goal by some other team where the liner dosen't flag, VAR looks at it and THAT'S then deemed a goal as it's not a clear and obvious error.

The issue isn't just about VAR it's how we are officiated that's the problem.
There’s. No. Clear. And. Obvious. Ruling. On. Offsides.

VAR has the final say on offside because offside is a matter of fact not a matter of judgement. The problem is the part of the body on which the decision is made. Last night Laporte's sleeve was offside though his foot was onside when the ball was played! I remember Bamford having a goal disallowed because he had pointed to where he wanted his team mate to play the ball and the end of his sleeve moved into an offside position. I remember that when VAR was introduced fans were obsessed with the goals scored by illegal use of the sleeve.

You’re reading old rules.

PL handbook for this season says it’s the t shirt line as you can now score with the top of your arm.

No i'm not reading old rules.
FIFA 2020/21 laws of the game state that clearly too.
THAT ARMS ARE NOT CONSIDERED FOR OFFSIDE!

Go to page 99 of the PDF (https://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/files/document-category/032021/LOTG_20-21_page_en.pdf)

ghjghjdas8979.png

hkjhdkjads97898789.png

So better not garble and alter the Football rules!

I would pleased to see also a screenshot with a direct link also for this statement of yours: "PL handbook for this season says it’s the t shirt line as you can now score with the top of your arm.".

Since that statement if it was true from PL, it would violate official FIFA rules.

No i'm not reading old rules.
FIFA 2020/21 laws of the game state that clearly too.
THAT ARMS ARE NOT CONSIDERED FOR OFFSIDE!

Go to page 99 of the PDF (https://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/files/document-category/032021/LOTG_20-21_page_en.pdf)

View attachment 11668

View attachment 11671

So better not garble and alter the Football rules!

I would pleased to see also a screenshot with a direct link also for this statement of yours: "PL handbook for this season says it’s the t shirt line as you can now score with the top of your arm.".

Since that statement if it was true from PL, it would violate official FIFA rules.
Enjoy:

ECA03063-CF97-4097-B91A-539F1B219020.jpeg

If it isn’t a body part that can be given as handball, then it’s used for offside. As I stated all along.

It cute though that some fans think they know the rules better than the PL and the refs that implement them. It’s also been explained nearly every week during the matches, do you only watch City games?

THE TOP OF THE ARM IS OBVIOUSLY CONSIDERED FOR OFFSIDE

(felt it best to reply in kind seeing as you’re so wrong)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.