Offside judgement (Laporte v Wolves)

The issue with this offside is when the camera stopped.
Thought it was supposed to be when the assist player first contacts the ball, this one stopped after he headed it
The law states exactly that, “A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate...*The first point of contact of the 'play' or 'touch' of the ball should be used”.

They called it offside by an inch but the VAR has the discretion to place the line anywhere in a 6 inch area on Laporte’s arm. So they can basically do what they want now with offsides.

If they drew the line according to the players’ feet it would reduce the discretion and more often than not give the attacker the advantage.

It’s not the VAR decisions I hate - it’s VAR I hate . No instant adrenalin buzz any more when we score
Correct. That’s the worst thing about it.

They could get every single decision right from now until the end of time, but when the ball hits the net we no longer know whether it’s a goal... the magic of goals has gone forever and the sport will be worse for it forever more.

Said the same at half time, we don’t seem to get decisions when the opposition are in the game and the Jesus one when the game was won was no surprise it was given as onside anyhow
Why did did it take so long to give it? Stevie Wonder knew it was onside! They look for everything possible not to give it.
I still cant get my head around the Laporte one, No matter how many times you watch it he is onside.

Blatant cheating.

The issue with this offside is when the camera stopped.
Thought it was supposed to be when the assist player first contacts the ball, this one stopped after he headed it
Yup. That's correct. I posted this on the match thread.

The law regarding offside: "The first point of contact of the ‘play’ or ‘touch’ of the ball should be used."

The correct freeze frame should have been a split second before this picture. A split second before this, Laporte would have been further out and the defender would have been further back.

The question is, was there an earlier frame they could have used.

8633b56e9f1483945c9141a661f08cfc.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.