Ok, here goes...Stefan Savic.

mansour's tow ropes said:
on a side note, what do people think about boyata?

yeah, he hasn't progressed this year and has only played a handful of games, but for me he is still only 21, great strength, composure, good with the ball, good speed... definite keeper IMO.

can replace kolo if he goes, in terms of being able to fill in at RB.

Hes a city graduate, we would be mad to get rid.

We should keep him, he's only 21. Madness to get rid of him.

He can't possibly play worse than Savic.

mansour's tow ropes said:
on a side note, what do people think about boyata?

yeah, he hasn't progressed this year and has only played a handful of games, but for me he is still only 21, great strength, composure, good with the ball, good speed... definite keeper IMO.

can replace kolo if he goes, in terms of being able to fill in at RB.

Hes a city graduate, we would be mad to get rid.

Don't get me wrong as he too has made a few mistakes, most notably being sent off against Arsenal last year. However I would rather he played over Savic anyday as I believe he has the brightest future out of the 2.

But then again Bobby must see something in Savic if he keeps playing him as back up CB

Great responses Blues, thankyou to all who have contributed. All of your inputs are equally appreciated :) Just wanted to gauge a reaction regarding Savic, as I have rarely seen him discussed outside of the "hes shit, next topic" category.

Thanks again :) feel free to add if you wish.

i think he`s too light weight and hasnt got enough upper body strength to be a c/b in the prem at present. he`s also looked like a deer frozen in the headlights of a car.

he needs to be sent out on loan and beefed up imo.

r.soleofsalford said:
i think he`s too light weight and hasnt got enough upper body strength to be a c/b in the prem at present. he`s also looked like a deer frozen in the headlights of a car.

Give him whatever Richards is eating as Richards 'apparently' has never done weights in his life but is built like a brick shithouse

I think he will become a class defender but next season i would prefer Boyata stepping in if -touch wood- Lescott or Kompany are out

Niall2407 said:
r.soleofsalford said:

Give him whatever Richards is eating as Richards 'apparently' has never done weights in his life but is built like a brick shithouse

big m is probably troughing on hard food and jerk chicken

At the end of the day, regarding the OP's quotes, you say he 'wont be one of the worlds best', but are then asking if he could sustain a place in our team in the next few years

well, considering we are supposed to be mounting a challenge to be champions of england and europe in the next decade and so on; how on earth can Savic therefore get into the side if he isnt going to be one of the best

If he is not going to be one of the best in the world, then no...he cant get into our side in future years. As we need the best.

However you may be wrong and he may turn into the skinniest machine ever. Does seem a popular member of the squad...maybe they just like him due to the fact its almost funny that hes even here. ;)

Freds Patio said:
With his errors/mistakes to one side, what is the general Bluemoon concensus regarding this guy?

Personally, despite what we have seen thus far, I can't help but feel that with experience and age (perhaps via Carling Cup games and regular sub appearances if we're comfy enough to do so), this guy is going to evolve into a machine. I expect to be laughed down, and by no means do I think he will become one of the world's best - but do you think he can improve and get a regular place in the squad at some point?

Thanks for considering :) *tinhat on*

I actually agree. He made some glaring errors when thrown in at the deep end but stuck at his job.

Got guts this lad and I think he will be class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.