Ok, here goes...Stefan Savic.

Not without faults as others have said, but he got his chance this season when there were a few issues in the squad and we were going through our dodgy patch which put more pressure /spotlight on him.
If Evans is "arguably the best CB in the country" then I think it's worth sticking with Savic and seeing how he turns out.

I

SalfordCityBlue said:
Better than he is given credit for IMO.

Been unlucky once or twice this year, that's all. Also been castigated for 'howlers' that weren't really, where his mistake was punished cruelly (and could have been mopped up by his team mates) while other more favoured players make the same mistakes but have got away with them.

Not been great by any means, but not as bad as people seem to want to make him out to be. I'd agree with the OP and say he has a future with us, but also wouldn't be surprised to see him go... I would certainly like him to succeed...

Totally agree I remember his game for Montegro when he had the toupee waring granny shagger in his hip pocket. He has talent but is very young for a central defender.

My mum always told me that if I had nothing good to say about someone that I should say nothing at all. That cliche aside though, savic is absolutely shit.

Lancet Fluke said:
My mum always told me that if I had nothing good to say about someone that I should say nothing at all. That cliche aside though, savic is absolutely shit.

I've been trying to resist the tempation of joining this thread all day, but now Lancet's done the decent thing, I will too:-

Savic is absolutely fucking shit. If you believe otherwise, you are deluded.
Get rid - now!

Have all those bigging up Boyata forgotten that he was so bad at times this season that he couldn't even get on the bench for a time likely to be relegated?
Lets be honest here, Dedryk hasn't progressed at all well this season. His loan spell has been a bit of a disaster.
Like Savic, though, I won't write him off just yet. A difficult year in a poor team could be the making of him as a learning experience, just as much as it might finish him as a top prospect.

Coyle played Boyata out of position at right-back though and punished him for not being very good there. It's like us shifting Lescott to left-back again and benching him when he doesn't impress. I'm getting really fed up of Coyle with our players to be honest, both Boyata and Weiss - two talented players - have had key developmental periods of their young careers messed up at Bolton now.

The lad is 21. It's not like he's 17. I hold much more hope for Karim Rekik than I do Savic. At 21 you need to be better than he is to make it in a title challenging side in future years. Maybe a year long loan at one of the promoted Championship clubs from this season or one of the clubs who stay up in the Prem this season will do him good.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:45 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
Coyle played Boyata out of position at right-back though and punished him for not being very good there. It's like us shifting Lescott to left-back again and benching him when he doesn't impress. I'm getting really fed up of Coyle with our players to be honest, both Boyata and Weiss - two talented players - have had key developmental periods of their young careers messed up at Bolton now.
If either were good enough they would both had started in their proper positions. As it was Chung Yong Lee (good player!) is better than Vlad and Cahill/Wheater/Knight (none are particularly good, even Cahill is only okay) are better than Dedryck. I think that really tells us all we need to know.

We have strong CB's like Lescott, Kompany and co. But Savic is really weak. And he looks really weak and like a schoolboy compared to them, at 21!

He is not fast either. He should make up all that with excellent reading of the game. But he hasn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.