old badge or current badge?

I was bored, so made a quick "mix" of old and new.

mycitycrest.jpg

Like the new badge myself, has a more dynamic feel to it for me. I don't think we should worry too much about the stars thing, soon enough we'll have 3 titles to our name anyway.

urmston said:
How about no badge at all?

We didn't have a badge on the shirt until about 1972ish.

Do we need a badge?
See, I've been thinking along those lines myself. We're City: badges, we don't need no stinking badges!
badges.jpg

On the other hand, you can't market / brand a nothing, er, you know, that kind of oo-jah spliff money-making thinking?

The major reason I like the "old" badge isn't because it's "old" or anything of the sort, it's because it's "in-your-face". Some of the blokes who like the new one claim it's "dynamic". I have no fecking idea what that means, but it sounds awfully "luvvie" or PEye Pseuds-like to me...also sounds a little Hughes-ish. Some have said the new one is (more) aggressive. I think I know what they mean, but to my mind there's nothing as "aggressive" as being confronted with "Manchester City F.C." in plain, bold, unmistakeable terms. There's no mistaking for a second who we are...with the old one. The perfect circle is the way...get it in Cooky!

Brucie Bonus said:
urmston said:
How about no badge at all?

We didn't have a badge on the shirt until about 1972ish.

Do we need a badge?
See, I've been thinking along those lines myself. We're City: badges, we don't need no stinking badges!
badges.jpg

On the other hand, you can't market / brand a nothing, er, you know, that kind of oo-jah spliff money-making thinking?

The major reason I like the "old" badge isn't because it's "old" or anything of the sort, it's because it's "in-your-face". Some of the blokes who like the new one claim it's "dynamic". I have no fecking idea what that means, but it sounds awfully "luvvie" or PI Pseuds-like to me...also sounds a little Hughes-ish. Some have said the new one is (more) aggressive. I think I know what they mean, but to my mind there's nothing as "aggressive" as being confronted with "Manchester City F.C." in plain, bold, unmistakeable terms. There's no mistaking for a second who we are...with the old one. The perfect circle is the way...get it in Cooky!

A "dynamic" design means that it is contemporary, forward thinking with an emphasis on motion and energy.

I was quite happy when we started using the new badge as the old one appeared boring to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.