old badge or current badge?

The stars can't be removed because the whole design would fall apart... It would be too squat and would need something to replace them!

The stars don't mean anything and they should signify championships but they don't!

Nah, it has to go!

I mean, Franny Lee came up with it FFS!

Said already in my post that we could replace the stars with 2 bees (also from Manchester coat of arms signifying hard work I believe.) With a lancashire rose in the middle. Cos we are Lancashire despite what some government sponsored Yank tells us.

I think we should just have the shield from the centre of the badge. Nice and simple. Ship at the top, rose or stripes at the bottom.

PJMCC1UK said:
The stars can't be removed because the whole design would fall apart... It would be too squat and would need something to replace them!

The stars don't mean anything and they should signify championships but they don't!

Nah, it has to go!

I mean, Franny Lee came up with it FFS!

Said already in my post that we could replace the stars with 2 bees (also from Manchester coat of arms signifying hard work I believe.) With a lancashire rose in the middle. Cos we are Lancashire despite what some government sponsored Yank tells us.

It's got to be the old badge - it always makes me cringe when some rag from work says "remind me again...what do those stars stand for?"

1.618034 said:
Old badge any day!

It was the original

No it wasn't...

Club Crest:
The new crest looks rather like a military emblem of some sort. At the top are three stars, underneath is a golden eagle and imposed on that is the new club crest. The ship is still there, underneath that is MCFC and then three diagonal strikes (like the round badge in the early 70's?). At the bottom of the whole thing is a bit of latin, Superbia In Proelio which means Pride In Battle. Here is the official note on the reson for the change.

"Manchester City Football Club would like to announce that they have commissioned a new crest to replace the round badge that has only existed since 1974. The new club crest is based on elements from the original "Arms of the City of Manchester", the crest which is still used by Manchester City PLC today and worn on the team shirt for all Wembley occasions. It retains the original shield set against an eagle taken from the Badge of the City of Manchester, dating from 1957, also originally found on the City of Manchester Crest, on the ribbon flowing from the knight's helmet. Below the shield is the new club motto "Superbia In Proelio", a Latin phrase translating to "Pride in Battle". The three stars above the eagle constitute a design element that relate a more continental feel to the design.

Immaculate Pasta said:
508px-Manchester_City.svg.png

This one, a quality badge but remove the three stars.
And replace them with 1894

Fuck them both off design a new one, but please base it more on the older badge, the strangled eagle says fook all about are club, but hey ho what do i know I'd move back to Maine road tomorrow if we could!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.