old badge or current badge?

Cheesy said:
11ky4j4.jpg

crest_fcum.gif

???

Cheesy said:

This for me, plain and simple but slightly different than the old one. Didnt wheelsy do something with the old badge once? That was similar and looked good too. Retro shirt with retro badge for me.

east2 said:
At the fans forum on Thursday the question of bringing back the old badge was again raised , to which the response was that the club are looking into buying back the rights of the old badge.

Previously I posted some comments about badges on another thread. It included the following paras:

Today, Manchester council own the Coat Of Arms, and MCFC own the current badge plus a version of the red rose badge (hence its use on some merchandise). So any comments about City not owning copyright to this are no longer true (I believe City got them back in 2003).

There's a Government website that allows anyone to search on trade marks -www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm Have a look at the ones registered by City and by United (they've registered things like 'Pride of the North' as a Trade Mark!)

The current badge minus the stars is the one i want! the old badge is exactly what it is; OLD, it looks old, it looks spent, its a gonner now and should stay that way! Being an ex-Cheshire, now Greater Mancunian i have no links to Lancashire whatsoever! The new badge is Mancunian, it is modern, it is cool, it looks strong and bold, it has sky blue in it, keep it!

danburge82 said:
The current badge minus the stars is the one i want! the old badge is exactly what it is; OLD, it looks old, it looks spent, its a gonner now and should stay that way! Being an ex-Cheshire, now Greater Mancunian i have no links to Lancashire whatsoever! The new badge is Mancunian, it is modern, it is cool, it looks strong and bold, it has sky blue in it, keep it!

there is no such place as Greater Manchester or even Mancunia, it is an administrative conceit. Where's your tribal instinct man?!

johnny crossan said:
danburge82 said:

there is no such place as Greater Manchester or even Mancunia, it is an administrative conceit. Where's your tribal instinct man?!

If Greater Manchester doesnt exist, City are not "the only football team to come from Manchester!" because United would also be classed as Manchester and i live in Cheshire so i feel like i shouldnt support City anymore, i should go and support one of the Cheshire teams!

johnny crossan said:

I can't decide if he his being serious, in with case he is a fool, or joking, in which case he isn't funny.

Haz said:
johnny crossan said:

I can't decide if he his being serious, in with case he is a fool, or joking, in which case he isn't funny.

Education adorns the wit and corrupts the judgement.

The Metropolitan Boroughs of Rochdale, Oldham, Stockport, Bury, Bolton, Tameside, Wigan & Trafford together with the Cities of Manchester and Salford, comprise a purely conceputal area known, since 1974, as Greater Manchester. This entity was created in anticipation of a form of Regional government which didn't materialise. It is used with meaning only to signify the area covered by the police and fire services.

Each of the above has a Premier/Football League club, with the sad exceptions of Tameside and Salford. The only club in the City of Manchester is of course .... well you must know that surely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.