old firm in league

i think many people miss a few points here. only my opinion before i get slaughtered but about 20 years ago say rangers were regarded as the richest club in europe. yes they were. rangers pool generated so much money.the lottery put paid to that of course. their attendances plus those of celtic are good. with the money coming in from being in the premier league and the chance to buy players who would be more likely to come to that than the poos scottish league i think you would be surprised how well they might do within a few years. after all who would have thought blackpool and wigan would be competing with city and the rest not so long ago. to be honest i think the way forward within a few years could well be to let them in our league as the scottish league is dying. also could see the leagues of holland belgium etc amalagamating for the top clubs as the same thing is happening over there. many leagues in europe now only have 2or 3 decent teams dominating so getting them together makes sense. ajax feyernood psv alkmaar for instance playing with anderlecht bruges standard makes sense to me. likewise a scandinavian league would be better for the finances and playing standards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.