Old Maine Road photos thread

There is a photo somewhere that I remember from when I was a nipper. We were playing in the Cup at home and the opposition scored just as the ref blew for time. Uproar at the timing and obviously it was inconclusive that the timing was spot on. The ref was adamant that he had blown before the goal had been scored, it was proved to be correct because photos emerged from the ranks of snappers behind and the side of the goal showing the ref in the centre circle with his arm in the air and whistle in his mouth. There was also several of our lads with their arms in the air after the whistle. I think from memory one of them was Roy Paul. Now I might be wrong but I think we were playing the dippers and it was the first step to martyrdom.
Anybody remember or is it me mis-remembering.

Last edited:
There is a photo somewhere that I remember from when I was a nipper. We were playing in the Cup at home and the opposition scored just as the ref blew for time. Uproar at the timing and obviously it was inconclusive that the timing was spot on. The ref was adamant that he had blown before the goal had been scored, it was proved to be correct because photos emerged from the ranks of snappers behind and the side of the goal showing the ref in the centre circle with his arm in the air and whistle in his mouth. There was also several of our lads with their arms in the air after the whistle. I think from memory one of them was Roy Paul. Now I might be wrong but I think we were playing the dippers and it was the first step to martyrdom.
Anybody remember or is it me mis-rembering.
I can't remember if it was Half Time or Full Time, but there was a cup replay at Anfield in 56 when Liverpool scored after the ref had blown his whistle,

I can't remember if it was Half Time or Full Time, but there was a cup replay at Anfield in 56 when Liverpool scored after the ref had blown his whistle,
There's a picture of Billy Liddle shooting with the ref behind him with arm raised as he blows for full time. Understand Klopp got in on the wall in his office ,always the victim's.

I asked Fonso Buller.......he identified them with those names....most I know reckon they're reds...but I've never seen them b4. Long time ago.

Did you see it on the real Guvnors page or one of his many other accounts? Or the beer monsters?

This guy too:

Paul Brookes
Winston shepherd tony Morgan in the middle went my school yew tree both reds

Here you are fella. Same lads at the back of the north stand, Maine Road. I knew they were blues.A9CA1AD1-F04A-4A4F-B5DC-E60B831BC2BF.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.