Old Manchester motorbike shops from yesteryear....

This is my current bike which I’ve owned since 2007, originally sold by Claremont Motorcycles Limited, 275/277 Stamford Street, Ashton-under-Lyne, as indicated on the number plate.

42726551485_0171c89042_b.jpg
Nice! Looks in great shape

This is my current bike which I’ve owned since 2007, originally sold by Claremont Motorcycles Limited, 275/277 Stamford Street, Ashton-under-Lyne, as indicated on the number plate.

42726551485_0171c89042_b.jpg
Nice.
I bought my R reg Bonneville from Claremont.

Just stumbled on this site, and can say that Claremont was run by Dave Mac - great guy who stored my ZZR foc for months when I moved south...and cannot believe no one has mentioned Fred Fearnley on Ashton Old Road...Triumph dealers, amongst others, and spitting distance from the Etihad. The Old Road was awash with bike shops 'back in the day', and I made a copper or two cleaning bikes for some of them. Always remember polishing a Vincent to within an inch of its life at a shop just up from the Queens cinema, and always remember the owner saying it was 'built like a Swiss watch'. Lusted after one ever since, but never made it. Now on my seventy-ninth orbit around the sun, still got a Venom Clubman and still manage to kick it over for the odd (terrifying, in the current traffic) bumble around the Dorset lanes. Openshaw now seems a million miles away.

I'm amazed that no-one appears to have mentioned LM Motorcycles In Ashton. The Kawasaki place at the other end of Stamford street to Claremont Motorcycles.
I used to love turning up at Sports Motorcycles in Manchester on a Saturday, with hundreds of bikes parked outside.
Sorry for resurrecting and ancient thread. But - bike nostalgia! :-)

Not read the thread, used to be a few round the arches. Stockport was good. Hunts are robbin bastards.

Used to take me bike to Hunts for its MOT. Fuck knows what I was quoted for a back tire. "Needs changing mate" Took me bike to Platt Lane, they all come out with their measuring stuff "years left on that mate". Still on the same tire

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.