Old Match Day Pubs Around Maine Road

The Osborne was always my favourite. Shame there's nothing like that around the Etihad.
Me & my mates used to congregate pre-match in the Osborne back in the 70's & 80's.. Perfectly placed with a short stroll to the ground. Actually there is something like that near the Etihad, albeit 15 minutes walk away - The Bradford on Bradford Road. That's where we go nowadays. Trouble is, you either like Holts or you don't.

The Beehive down Claremont Street.Superb pint of Hydes Best Bitter.

Only called in there once. Ordered 2 pints of bitter. Both me and my mate simultaneously took a sip a simultaneously spewed it out. The look on the landlords face was a picture. Needless to say we never went in again. Osborne House and a great pint was on the list for the next 15 years.

I think the only pub anywhere near the ground that I’ve not seen mentioned yet was The Huntsman on Wilmslow Road.

Never really used in any great numbers by City fans. Probably best described as a traditional pub full of ‘characters’

There was a story that it shut down when the landlord battered a regular half to death for something or other. But can’t remember whether that was fact or rumour now.

I think the only pub anywhere near the ground that I’ve not seen mentioned yet was The Huntsman on Wilmslow Road.

Never really used in any great numbers by City fans. Probably best described as a traditional pub full of ‘characters’

There was a story that it shut down when the landlord battered a regular half to death for something or other. But can’t remember whether that was fact or rumour now.
Went there lots .....was a lot of old school Irish fellas in.

The Old Abbey in the science park was where we (the Dublin OSC) did our drinking before games. Used to meet up with a lot of lads from the Ancoats branch. There must be a few on here who remember that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.