Old Match Day Pubs Around Maine Road

The Old Abbey mainly,although the Parkside got an occasional visit.
My dad and his cronies used to haunt the Denmark,which was next door to the sikh temple iirc.

Early years in the Denmark and sometimes the Whitworth. Had a spell of going in the social club and also a season or so of meeting mates at Platt Lane and having a couple of pints in the upstairs bar

The last 5 or 6 seasons were mainly the Beehive. Although half the time we'd just buy cans from the offy across the road and stand outside

Sorry for the bump but i was chatting to @mancityvstoke earlier about pubs around Maine Road.

I used to drink mainly in The Parkside, The Beehive The Clarence and The Osborne. And also The Sherwood now and again if it was where i think it was.The Sherwood behind the Kippax past the school towards Wilmslow Road? It was a Wilsons pub that looked a bit like The Rovers Return. mancityvstoke is pretty sure but not certain it was The Sherwood.

My memory is fading so can anyone confirm this?

Sorry for the bump but i was chatting to @mancityvstoke earlier about pubs around Maine Road.

I used to drink mainly in The Parkside, The Beehive The Clarence and The Osborne. And also The Sherwood now and again i think. The pub(Sherwood) was behind the Kippax past the school towards Wilmslow Road. It was a Wilsons pub that looked a bit like The Rovers Return. mancityvstoke is pretty sure but not certain it was The Sherwood.

My memory is fading so can anyone confirm this?
Don't think The Sherwood was a "Wilsons Pub" ?
If it was on Claremont Road, think it was a Chester's House, then it became a Whitbread Pub (they bought out Chester's Brewery).
Think the only Pub anywhere near the old Maine Road nowadays, is The Claremont, at the Princess Parkway end of Claremont Road...

Don't think The Sherwood was a "Wilsons Pub" ?
If it was on Claremont Road, think it was a Chester's House, then it became a Whitbread Pub (they bought out Chester's Brewery).
Think the only Pub anywhere near the old Maine Road nowadays, is The Claremont, at the Princess Parkway end of Claremont Road...
I don't know, but someone will who remembers the pub I'm on about, it was definitely Wilson's house because I remembered the chequered green and yellow sign. Hmm, Its bugging me.

Can't remember what brewery it was but a link....

Osbourne was Hyde's on the piccy

I was a Gardeners lad with a bit of Sherwood chucked in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.