Old Match Day Pubs Around Maine Road

Post match in the early to mid 80s used to go regularly to the Sandpiper in Fallowfield. By around 6pm on a Saturday some of the players would be in there too.

Sorry for the bump but i was chatting to @mancityvstoke earlier about pubs around Maine Road.

I used to drink mainly in The Parkside, The Beehive The Clarence and The Osborne. And also The Sherwood now and again if it was where i think it was.The Sherwood behind the Kippax past the school towards Wilmslow Road? It was a Wilsons pub that looked a bit like The Rovers Return. mancityvstoke is pretty sure but not certain it was The Sherwood.

My memory is fading so can anyone confirm this?
Sherwood pic.jpg

Had spells going in pretty much every pub within a mile or so of the ground at some point.

Some of my favourite times were when I lived in Hulme and the crawl to the ground would go something like.

Henry Royce- Junction- Chequered Flag- Clynes’ Wine Bar- Salutation- Gamecock- Crown- Ducie- Beehive.

Not many left now.

Osbourne was Hyde's on the piccy

I was a Gardeners lad with a bit of Sherwood chucked in.

Me too met a few Blues in those pubs via an early CIty Internet forum
Then curry mile after the match

Get off the train at Oxford Rd, one in the Circus, Old Monkey and Grey Horse. Bus to Rusholme couple in the Welcome, walk to Bee Hive quick one before going on the Kippax. Post match walk down to the Whitty for some post match analysis, then a Ruby in the Shazan. Train back to Poulton le Fylde couple in the Thatched, good manly vomit. If City had won one perfect day.
Can't drink in a week what I would put away Saturday lunch time. Blues enjoy your youth it doesn't last forever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.