Old Rock Stars

Have you heard his side band, the Down n' Outz? Basically a Mott and Mott The Hoople tribute, and for me his voice suits those songs WAY better than his Lepp's 'screech'.

I haven't mate, but yes I can imagine that being the case, especially so these days. I know from his radio shows on Planet Rock that he's always been an enormous Mott fan

I think Rod Stewart still puts on a decent show, saw him with Mrs Rep earlier this year in Southampton and he was fine. I also saw Status Quo a couple of weeks after Rick Parfitt pegged out and you couldn't tell the difference.

as far as tribute bands are concerned, check out the Illegal Eagles. they are all session musicians and can really belt out the tunes

Recently saw Lionel Ritchie.. he was still a great entertainer. And Van Morrison. Who was a moody bastard back when I saw him in the 80's, and is still a moody bastard.

Anyone see the recent Wakeman fronted bbc4 programme on the rock tour through the ages? (If you owned a van it was a free pass into the band)

Worth a watch if still on iplayer

I saw Deep Purple with Gillan & an Orchestra the night we beat arse in the League Cup.

He was god awful. Didn't manage to get through one song without going off stage/hiding behind the string section, his voice was shot.

Following year I saw Whitesnake, Coverdale isn't what he was but the band had adapted and he was very good even towards the end of a mamouth tour.

I saw Deep Purple with Gillan & an Orchestra the night we beat arse in the League Cup.

He was god awful. Didn't manage to get through one song without going off stage/hiding behind the string section, his voice was shot.

Following year I saw Whitesnake, Coverdale isn't what he was but the band had adapted and he was very good even towards the end of a mamouth tour.

White Snake and Deep Purple?

You poor man.

The horror of them in their prime was bad enough, to endure a group of old men trying to look like rockers is appalling enough, on any level, but to listen to them trying to sing must have brought you close to edge of sanity.

Can nothing be done for your appalling taste in Music?

Medical science advances my arse.

Come on Boffins, people are suffering.

Hang in the buddy. :)

I think Roger Waters mimes some of his stuff nowadays. He was never a great singer and it was a croak 15 years ago so.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.