Old Rock Stars

Same America song 1975 and now, same guy singing (Gerry Beckley)

I see your point and agree with your OP.
I suppose all you could say is that by going to see these bands in concert in 2017 you are essentially going for a communal celebration of what they did in the past, and how the audience felt many years ago when they first heard them (and were a lot younger themselves). If the audience go in with that mindset, maybe more with the idea they are gonna be listening to themselves singing along to the lyrics, rather than for a decent recital from the band, then with those different/lower expectations, it might seem more enjoyable(?). Having said all that, its often still an expensive way to take a trip down memory lane!

I saw Def Leppard a couple of years ago, just went as they were close....it was not pretty. Mind you, I thought they were shit when they first came out

I saw Def Leppard a couple of years ago, just went as they were close....it was not pretty. Mind you, I thought they were shit when they first came out

lol, his voice was always ragged live. Mutt Lange played a massive role in their rise to popularity didnt he?

I went to see America yesterday, they were big in the 70's, songs like Horse With No Name, Dont Cross The River, Ventura Highway etc Ive always liked their records and have all their albums.
Anyway, they were really shit, they just cant sing anymore, really bad singing, they had a young guy playing guitar who sang the harder ones and they joined in on the chorus.

Really, your better off watching a good tribute band, these old guys just cant cut it anymore. Thats the last time I go to see a 70's or 60's band.

America aren't the best example though. I went to see them in mid 70s and thought they'd passed their best days then (Tony Wilson sat behind us and Poco supported who it turned out were miles better than America live). I love that first album though of America's and still play it. But they were never a live act. In fact I think there was a controversy once of them miming live.

I told you I was a dinosaur

lol, his voice was always ragged live. Mutt Lange played a massive role in their rise to popularity didnt he?
The worst part was Phil Collen, still playing with his shirt off and upper wrinkly body covered in some shiny shit. Also saw Judas Priest a few years back, I think they pushed Rob Halford out on the Harley, cracked me up

Wonder what Marc Bolan would be like today if he had not met an untimely early death, his family must still be making millions with all his tunes used in adverts on TV

Seeing Rod Stewart couple weeks in Vegas, 72 and his still going strong!
Hope he's still alive, don't want to be seeing 'Ron Stewart' instead
Every time i hear Rod Stewart i just automatically think of Kenny Everett and his expanding blow up arse in tight leopard skin pants, i can't take the bloke serious after seeing that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.