older fans returning now we've won a cup

ANY1aBLUE said:
crizack said:
We always here about how we have new fans but it mainly only applies to the younger ones. This guy I know tells everyone he's been a blue since the sixties. His wife said "he seen them play once and has only just started supporting them again" banging on how he watched us in the sixties and how he is more blue than others. Anyone else know any older "fans" who younger people might think 'I bet they've been all over watching city' but really, the haven't gave a Damn for 35 years?

I love our club getting a bigger fan base, just don't like the ones who say they are lifelong blues yet only started supporting us in their late teens or now the goings good. Personally, I think the fans who have had it the hardest has been for those born after 1976. Their the ones who have gone longest without seeing us win.

edited as i can see how the term 'most dedicated' can annoy some.

Smacks of complete arrogance. Who are you to judge, and who should qualify as a genuine supporter?
I was born 1960. I am a lifelong blue. Yes I enjoyed the good times in the late 60's and 70's, but I travelled away to watch the team at godforsaken places
in the 90's when they really did need support. Were you there?
I can genuinely say they were the best times because you knew the players & club needed the support, and the guys suffering with you on the terraces were the real deal blues. I always felt that was the reason we were better than United.
Sure, now there are hibernating blues feeling safer about showing their colours - good for them, I haven't got any problem with that because deep down I know it means more to me and those who stood with me in the 'dark days' not long ago. That's why I cried at Wembley, twice, last Season and why I don't need anyone else to suggest who is better than anyone else in a blue shirt these days..........

Ihonestly think the op is a wum trying to get bites..Just don't get it...

I am a better blue than you blah blah blah...What a load of fucking shite!

Re: older fans

crizack said:
squirtyflower said:
Busted!

I haven't seen us in the flesh 'so to speak' since Swindon in 64

I'd better slope off the board and fade away gracefully

So you think someone who watched us in 64 should be banging on how he's alwaysbeen a blue because he now pays for a season ticket?

Isn't that the match where about 60,000 people have claimed to be there on the fateful day but the actual attendance was about 5,000?

I heard three different conversations the other night where people were saying they hadn't been for years and there did seem a lot of people who were lost and were obviously there for the first time or not been for a while. Although I am no authority on whether a fan should be accepted or not, all our welcome in my eyes and if it wasn't for some of the newer fans or returning fans, then the very same people who fret about these fans would be the same lot who wet themselves when an attendance doesn't live up to their expectations and they face ridicule from non match going United fans. A blue is a blue, no matter what their circumstances.

ANY1aBLUE said:
crizack said:
We always here about how we have new fans but it mainly only applies to the younger ones. This guy I know tells everyone he's been a blue since the sixties. His wife said "he seen them play once and has only just started supporting them again" banging on how he watched us in the sixties and how he is more blue than others. Anyone else know any older "fans" who younger people might think 'I bet they've been all over watching city' but really, the haven't gave a Damn for 35 years?

I love our club getting a bigger fan base, just don't like the ones who say they are lifelong blues yet only started supporting us in their late teens or now the goings good. Personally, I think the fans who have had it the hardest has been for those born after 1976. Their the ones who have gone longest without seeing us win.

edited as i can see how the term 'most dedicated' can annoy some.

Smacks of complete arrogance. Who are you to judge, and who should qualify as a genuine supporter?
I was born 1960. I am a lifelong blue. Yes I enjoyed the good times in the late 60's and 70's, but I travelled away to watch the team at godforsaken places
in the 90's when they really did need support. Were you there?
I can genuinely say they were the best times because you knew the players & club needed the support, and the guys suffering with you on the terraces were the real deal blues. I always felt that was the reason we were better than United.
Sure, now there are hibernating blues feeling safer about showing their colours - good for them, I haven't got any problem with that because deep down I know it means more to me and those who stood with me in the 'dark days' not long ago. That's why I cried at Wembley, twice, last Season and why I don't need anyone else to suggest who is better than anyone else in a blue shirt these days..........

Small world. I was born in 1960 too and, moving to Cornwall when I was 7, the only time I really had the money and time to travel everywhere was 1995/6/7. You certainly did feel they NEEDED you then.

Basically we're all mad.

There has been a preponderance of threads in the last few months expressing regret/concern/outrage/amazement etc that we are now getting more fans watching us.
Some are returning after many years, some new, some 'never really been that bothered either way' before.

I think its great.
Why dont we have a celebrate the new fans thread?

Personally, I do respect those who stuck with us through thick and thin and still went week-in, week-out even when we dropped down to the third tier. Are these people better fans than the others? Well, yes, in my view they probably are. But does that mean anyone who has joined more recently or has returned after a period of absence should be unwelcome? Of course not. We need fans of all types.

I'm starting to get confused here.
So we don't want children at the game, we don't want older fans who haven't been for a while, we don't want anyone who started supporting us from after the take over and we don't want anyone who isn't from Manchester.

hjohn said:
I'm starting to get confused here.
So we don't want children at the game, we don't want older fans who haven't been for a while, we don't want anyone who started supporting us from after the take over and we don't want anyone who isn't from Manchester.
that leaves about four then

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Who gives a flying .... (I refuse to swear anymore following recent bans!!!)All blues are top guys n gals in my eyes..It doesn't matter if you go,you don't go etc..Peoples situations in life,work,financially are all different.

i suppose I am lucky that I can go to all games but I will never slate someone who doesn't or comes back after a few years away.

Strange thread for me!

Ihonestly think the op is a wum trying to get bites..Just don't get it...

I am a better blue than you blah blah blah...What a load of fucking shite!

]

ha ha well done mate that lasted a while :-)

i am 17, but did not start supporting city til about 2002 as before then my city fan dad never really got me involved with footy as he eventually stopped going and just listened to it on the radio. he then one day said lets go to a city match and i got to 7 games in the 2003/2004 season.

he went to loads with me over the years, but now we've started doing dead good again he slipping away again from watching, - tbf he watches some nown again on tv and listens to radio, watches highlight on citys website

but now i go on my own, maybe he not that big of a fan but was just wanting me to be a city lad. it worked im a season card holder

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.