Oleks Zinchenko - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A real unsung hero for me. Never seems to complain about playing in not his preferred position, works hard, is comfortably the best passer in our back four and last night showed a bit of grit too. Hope he signs a long term deal - a good character to have about and is still so young.

I wonder what would be his preferred position now? - I know he came to us as an attacking midfielder, and perhaps he still harbours hopes of playing as a 10, but he must know that in this team that is not going happen, because we have Silva- Silva- Foden ahead of him and the future is Foden. As it is ,he has carved out a role as an attacking left back - perfectly suited to play wide or come inside and he is part of a winning side- the only reason to move on would be if others came in who shifted him down the pecking order - in which case he moves elsewhere as an experienced Pep trained player with a winning mentality and becomes the main man in a good quality side anywhere in the world he wants to go.

Zinchenko has a lot of quality to his game, passes well and looks calm and composed on the ball when City are dominating games. My only reservation about him is when he comes under pressure defensively...he loses that composure and seems to get rattled. Having said that he is a young lad who has done really well this season...it will be very interesting to see how far he will go in the game.

Seemed to have a difficult start to the match and wasn't surprised when he got his booking. Recovered really well after that though and settled into the game. Such a useful player.

Seemed to have a difficult start to the match and wasn't surprised when he got his booking. Recovered really well after that though and settled into the game. Such a useful player.

Completely agree. I thought he was a walking red card after his 1st half iffyness but he was very good in the 2nd half

I'll admit that up until this season, I regularly lamented his performances and would often feel very anxious having him in the team. I have been made to eat humble pie on that one however.

He's such a determined character, I can only applaud him. To learn an entirely new position and way to play football is astounding, and he has taken to it all so well, that I don't have any doubts when I see his name on the teamsheet anymore. Had a dodgy first half but improved. Don't know if the occasion got to him a little bit, as I don't think he's played in a Manchester derby before.

His effort and especially his persistence in just getting right back at it when he makes mistakes have totally won me over this season. He's been one of our most impressive players for me for that alone and I really hope we reward him with a new contract. I'd love to see what he can do with another summer of training and a full season entrenched in the team.

D4_2ZXBWsAAKBun.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.