Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that makes sense. I'll have to accept defeat there because I don't really remember the Anfield game last season. It wasn't exactly fun at the time so I skipped a second viewing.

@BosnianBlue summed up what I was referring to pretty perfectly. I think he’s a great backup and he does a good job of doing exactly what he’s told to do, great guy for the squad, and will get better. It’ll be fun to see how he develops. I definitely won’t write him off or anything like that.

He won't be up against the likes of Adam Smith every week tbf to him

I need to see a few more matches before I post anything too concrete opinion wise but he’s played enough minutes for substantial tape to be evaluated and he looks to me like the clear and obvious weak point to the team. He’s been burnt defensively on several 1v1s early on in easy/marginal spots. I hate the just boot it out of bounds line which he never takes (big big fan) so hopefully it’s just a blip thing.

Mendy will be fit after Huddersfield/intl break so it’s a position that should be cleared up soon.
I think you are in for a shock if you think Mendy is the bees knees at defending

I think you are in for a shock if you think Mendy is the bees knees at defending

I don’t.

I also don’t think it’s out of the question that he could be above average if was tasked to make that the priority of his game. He’s taller, stronger, faster, it’s his natural position, and if the game plan is to sit back and play the inverted role he’d easily do it better than Zinchenko. The Liverpool game that I mentioned showed that the capability is there from the defensive standpoint.

We need about 6/7 games from Mendy before we can really even discuss it properly though...

I don’t.

I also don’t think it’s out of the question that he could be above average if was tasked to make that the priority of his game. He’s taller, stronger, faster, it’s his natural position, and if the game plan is to sit back and play the inverted role he’d easily do it better than Zinchenko. The Liverpool game that I mentioned showed that the capability is there from the defensive standpoint.

We need about 6/7 games from Mendy before we can really even discuss it properly though...
I would prob say a little more and against a variety of skilled opposition - fingers crossed he stays fit enough to get them

I have a lot of time for him. He’s clearly way below many of our players but his heart is blue and he works his ass off all the time.

Yes he makes at least one cock up every game but he sees a lot of the ball & is usually in the build up to most of our goals.

He’s also clearly liked by the players.

Pep clearly trust him & I would have him every week in our starting 11.

I have a lot of time for him. He’s clearly way below many of our players but his heart is blue and he works his ass off all the time.

Yes he makes at least one cock up every game but he sees a lot of the ball & is usually in the build up to most of our goals.

He’s also clearly liked by the players.

Pep clearly trust him & I would have him every week in our starting 11.
I think hes become also a little comfortable in his position, Mendy hasn't been around and I don't think Angelino is ready to come in just yet so he is coasting a little bit.

He has improved every year he has been here, gives his all and has more than contributed in the past two seasons after losing Mendy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.