Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s all the full backs. With the money we have spent, we have far too many “does a job” players in this side and our full back areas are the worst part of the team for it. Not a single one of them are good enough.
its all the defenders apart from laporte and maybe walker

its all the defenders apart from laporte and maybe walker

I think what we have seen for the past two seasons, is we can get away with our dump full backs, if we have two good centre backs and a midfield on the top of its game. This season we have no centre backs. A midfield significantly weakened by one of them playing centre back and his replacements being inferior. As well as a David Silva whose powers are clearly on the wane. It leaves us with a hotch potch of a team, where our “does a job” players are no longer capable of doing a job, because quite simply, there are too many of them in the side.

Liverpool arguably have one “does a job” player, basically whoever they put alongside VVD. There’s always been a question mark over their midfield being average and not particularly creative but it is most definitely functional for the way they play. They don’t need overly creative midfielders given they have attacking full backs and that front three.

In comparison, I would argue that we have at least 5 “does a job” players in our side, including the entire back four. It’s far too many.

He had a good game up until the sending off, not gonna have a go at him for defending a team mate. Id much rather see players with some fight and he has that. The second yellow was silly but I blame the corner for that.

He had a good game up until the sending off, not gonna have a go at him for defending a team mate. Id much rather see players with some fight and he has that. The second yellow was silly but I blame the corner for that.
He only has himself to blame for today. Both yellows were avoidable and as harsh as it sounds he cost us the game.
Hopefully a lesson learnt - he’s a good player.

He only has himself to blame for today. Both yellows were avoidable and as harsh as it sounds he cost us the game.
Hopefully a lesson learnt - he’s a good player.
Agree with the second yellow but he should never have been put in that position from our own corner. He can't take all the blame for today, we should have been out of sight before half time.

Agree with the second yellow but he should never have been put in that position from our own corner. He can't take all the blame for today, we should have been out of sight before half time.
Without a doubt we should have been out of sight, it doesn’t take away from the fact he made a serious error of judgement for the second booking.
I don’t think we get beat 11v11.

It wasn't a yellow. Winks sees it coming and dives. Oly did fuck all wrong, he made shoulder to shoulder contact. The problem was the yellow for dissent when Dean had lost control of the game.

Red aside, I thought he was excellent - put in some great challenges.

If he can continue like that I'd happily have him as one of our LBs moving forward.

It wasn't a yellow. Winks sees it coming and dives. Oly did fuck all wrong, he made shoulder to shoulder contact. The problem was the yellow for dissent when Dean had lost control of the game.
I don't think he got his first yellow for dissent. Apparently the linesman said he was involved in the dispute after the penalty. I watched it on MoTD. He was pushed himself but did not retaliate, there's no way he should have got his first yellow card. The officials were trying to pick one of each side to punish, but it was totally unjustified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.