Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by B\connellblue, 5 Aug 2019.

1. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

I maintain he had no business running in from where he was to get involved, he brought it on himself

worsleyweb likes this.
  2. normskih

normskih

I thought he was having a decent game yesterday until the sending off. It went downhill from an awful corner by Mahrez, that put us under pressure from the breakaway. His shoulder charge on Winks was a yellow card in today's game, but because he went and got himself involved in an altercation at the penalty aftermath and received a yellow card, he copped for the second yellow and subsequent red on the breakaway challenge.
    All totally unnecessary.

3. St.Pauli support

St.Pauli support

I tend to agree.

In theory, Zin shouldn't get involved and risk a yellow (now, hindsight, without adrenaline involved).

But: he was stepping in for a team mate, who was just pointed out of being a cheating **** by Alderweireld in an aggressive manner.
    Raheem, who has a hard time anyway and Zin obviously wanted to help him and stood the ground.

In terms of team psychology it's not a bad thing to show some confident body language at such a difficult ground,
    the high art though is doing it without getting booked...

The 2nd yellow was correctly given as a tactical foul, although Winks couldn't wait to go down for a near non-event.

Gundogan - not on a yellow - had the chance to stop Winks just before Zin, but didn't. A costly decision.

Besides that I thought Zin had a good match and positive attitude, was ready for a fight (which he showed later on...).

Blue Hefner, karen7 and merz like this.
  4. Franny's toilet roll

Franny's toilet roll

5. Dax777

Dax777

The name "Leftback" apparently :)

6. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

It's fast disappearing into the mists of time but I seem to recall that the David Luis assault on Sergio which prompted the Alty Tit to delve into his pocket for a red and then suspiciously produced a toilet roll with which to wipe his arse when his bout of constipation suddenly ended, was infinitely more deserving of any coloured card than the gentle shoulder charge that sent a twelve stone forward tearing towards our goal line suddenly sprawling towards the touchline.

Blue Hefner likes this.
  7. super_city_si

super_city_si

I thought yesterday was the most "Leftback-ish" he has looked. Made some superb tackles.

8. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

Gundogan and physical challenge? He will always leave it to someone else.

9. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Right on, m. In this day and season, refs and VAR wallahs seem not to need a fuckin' reason to shove a card in the City players' faces, so we shouldn't be shoving a reason up their arses.

10. lmhblue1

lmhblue1

Zinchenko, like both John and Nico, needs Laporte next to him to guide him and clean up after him. It's not the end of the world since he's relatively inexperienced, but I've not been surprised to see him struggle without Laporte there.